The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 117 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Freedom Four #88

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 117 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Freedom Four #88

Christopher and Adam outline a story for an issue http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-117-writers-room-freedom-four-88

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I love Adam's ability to capture period comic book art. :D That cover is fantastic! Tachyon's haircut is so bad and I love it! Nothing like a robot with a giant light bulb for a head, right?

This was a good episode, and I'm now really looking forward to more Writer's Rooms in the future. I think this was a good idea.

Oh yeah, and what was the new 'creative process' theme song?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I’d have it relisten to tell which one specifically but it’s an environment theme for sure. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'll be interested to see how future Writers' Room episodes turn out.  This one was interesting, but I'd like to see how C&A go after a storyline that's a bit deeper or a bit more 'set-up' already.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This was certainly a good place for them to test out the format. Plus considerations like "the writers wouldn't know Glamour is Madame Mittermeier" were pretty interesting to take into account.

statue345

I thought it was Fort Adamant

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Awesome new format!

...and, actually, while they're Magmarians below the surface, they would be Lava Men above the surface, right?

*runs away*

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I mean, Magmaria is a place, so it's not like they would stop being Magmarians. They WOULD also be lava, rather than magma, but Magmarian is their race, not specifically an indication of what substance they're made of.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Well, I liked your joke, Trajector. ;-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:
I love Adam's ability to capture period comic book art. :D That cover is fantastic! Tachyon's haircut is so bad and I love it! Nothing like a robot with a giant light bulb for a head, right?

If anything, it's a little too good, IMO. Old covers like that always had at least one character that looked janky. Legacy's getting there (he looks way too old) but not quite. Although I love Bunker's almost featureless body. And ugh, Tachyon wearing way too much makeup for absolutely no reason, very period.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Hehe, thanks Rabit! :)