The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Epic Battle Moments

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester
Epic Battle Moments

Inspired by a previous post that discussed epic moments during the game, I thought I would revive it with a new thread. Especially since we will be getting new moments from the Rook City Expansion.

This past weekend my friends and I were playing. We faced Voss in Atlantis with Legacy, Visionary, Absolute Zero, and Ra. The Pillars of Hercules came out and we left it the entire game. Legacy was able to control it a few turns. Then at the end it looked like we were going to lose because of Forced Deployment but The Pillars stopped that. It allowed the last card of the Villain deck be played (another Forced Deployment) before we had to bring back all the minions. This caused the Villain trash to be shuffled and form the Villain deck and so there were no minions to be brought forth. We beat Voss that turn too.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Actually one thing about what happened is that if you draw the last card you do not reshuffle the deck, it isn't until after you need to draw a card that you reshuffle, so Forced Deployment would of still brought back all the minions. I'm sorry about having to be the fun police.

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

Sorry but I think you are wrong. We had to go through the rule book to find out exactly what happens. This is what we found: "Additionally, if any deck ever runs out of cards, simply shuffle that deck's trash and put it into play" (p 6 under Gameplay). According to the wording, you have to shuffle the trash and put it into play as the deck as soon as that deck runs out of cards.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

However, it has been officially ruled that, because it affects things like Oxygen Leak and Forced Deployment, you do not shuffle cards back into the deck until you need to draw a card.

http://greaterthangames.info/forum/index.php/topic,138.0.html

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Veet

I was recently introducing some new players to the game vs Baron Blade. One player was Bunker and managed to get out his omni cannon and just started dumping all his cards beneath it. When the rest of us flipped the good Baron over to his mecha side Bunker one-shotted him before he had a chance to do anything.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Thanks JayMann for locating that post, I tried finding it earlier but didn't see it in there.

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

Ok. I did not see that post. Thank you for the clarification.