The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ep ?? of The Letters Page discussion- Welcome to 2018!

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester
Ep ?? of The Letters Page discussion- Welcome to 2018!

Not even Sky-Scraper was large enough to hold back this retrospective.

Listen to the world of tomorrow, here

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Their message about the future from the past.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

I hope Adam only had heart burn other wise we might only have Christopher reading letters to you.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Pretty sure it's the yearly "tribute" that The Cult of Gloom extracts from its members, Adam's just never had to deal with it before.

If you cover yourself in the blood of a couple of small animals that have bitten you the pain goes away... Or was that the cure for a different cult, I've researched so many it's hard to keep track.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

No episode length written down in the show notes. How long is it?(At work at the moment, so I can't give it a listen to check myself.)

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

14 of your 2018 minutes

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

It's more that once you've sold your soul to misery, you have no real idea what to do with confusing "happy" feelings any more.

A bit more on-topic, I am now pretty curious what about Sky-Sky is important enough to the Multiverse that it required more careful note-taking. (I also hope at least one person called her Sky-Sky in their questions.)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Jeysie wrote:

.A bit more on-topic, I am now pretty curious what about Sky-Sky is important enough to the Multiverse that it required more careful note-taking. (I also hope at least one person called her Sky-Sky in their questions.)

It could be related to her debut , 3 of her cards place her as active during Vengeance and one puts her confronting Akash in the latter's debut. During the letters page however , C & A said Hero in the Arena is post Vengeance and Benchmark is present which puts her debut much later. Rearranging Hero in the Arena could be a lot of work, a lot of heroes are present.

Sapienta potentia est

Powerhound_2000

Jeysie wrote:

(I also hope at least one person called her Sky-Sky in their questions.)

If my Letter is read I do thank them for reading my Sky-Sky questions.  

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Jeysie wrote:
 (I also hope at least one person called her Sky-Sky in their questions.)

If my Letter is read I do thank them for reading my Sky-Sky questions.  

Excellent. Definitely one of my fave hero nicknames.

Ironically I'm now not sure I can remember who coined it. Was it novakidblaster? I think I remember them being the resident big Sky-Scraper fan on Twitch.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

Pretty sure it's the yearly "tribute" that The Cult of Gloom extracts from its members, Adam's just never had to deal with it before.If you cover yourself in the blood of a couple of small animals that have bitten you the pain goes away... Or was that the cure for a different cult, I've researched so many it's hard to keep track.

We don't take away things like that from -members- thats what innocent bystanders are for.

In all seriousness, was actually having a really bad night last night and knowing i had the letters page in the morning got me though it.....so kind of disapointed. But i was happy for the recorded message over just a brief text and i suppose you can't complain too much about a delay in a free product.

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Cult of Gloom wrote:

In all seriousness, was actually having a really bad night last night and knowing i had the letters page in the morning got me though it.....so kind of disapointed.

Yeah, same, actually... but at least Sentinels Live starts back up again tonight, so we get at least one set of bros.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

On the other hand, I can't say I miss people calling her "Sky-ScrapPer."

She doesn't scrap in the sky; she's really big!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

Considering the first time my one saw her name and thought it said Sky-Craper I think I’d be ok with someone pronouncing it that way instead. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This is obviously just more proof that they recognize Sky-Scraper is the most popular character and are ashamed of her! First her digital variant is pushed back to the end of the month despite massive clamoring for it, now her Letters Page episode is pushed back, preventing her from ringing in the new year! IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA #BringPortjaBack

(The previous was facetious and sarcasm, for those who don't pick up on that too well. I do not think Christopher and Adam are capable of being ashamed of their characters.)

Okay, but pre-recording my Sentinels videos has finally bitten me in the butt. As I'm scrambling to try and get the Sky-Scraper featured one edited and posted, suddenly the new episode comes out with the schedule reorganization. D: At least I had an extra video sitting around for just such an occasion! Yeesh.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I have been corrected and it was apparently actually LewdDolphin who coined "Sky-Sky".

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Just listened to this episode this morning, and its poignancy really got to me.

Christopher and Adam, I want to offer you my sincere congratulations. Getting to take something you love and make it into your career, especially with people you love, is a monumental achievement. It's something that few get to do. Loads of people get to be successful at what they do, and get advancement and reward as a result - but doing something that you truly enjoy and fundamentally care about, day-in and day-out, is really special. You got a good dose of luck, and you obviously put sweat and tears into your efforts, and I want to congratulate you on where you made it to today. It's incredibly impressive.

Happy New Year! :)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Yeah, I can't help but feel equal parts of happiness and envy for Christopher and Adam, they achieved what most people only get to dream of.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

Yeah, what Trajector said.

I'll admit to getting a touch misty-eyed during my drive home on Tuesday while C&A were talking about how much they love this.

But they also made me hungry on my drive home, which wasn't so good since I drive right past a grocery store... Who made pesto pasta (with a bunch of tasty veggies) for dinner on Tuesday? Despite having perfectly good soup already in his fridge? I did!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dprcooke wrote:

Yeah, what Trajector said.

I'll admit to getting a touch misty-eyed...

Yeah, agreed. Very happy for these folks -- and really the entire GTG crew -- for being able to create something they love and have so many other folks feel the same about it. smiley

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Rabit wrote:

Yeah, agreed. Very happy for these folks -- and really the entire GTG crew -- for being able to create something they love and have so many other folks feel the same about it. smiley

A while back someone on Tumblr aptly joked that C&A are living the geek dream of getting to talk at length about their OCs and have people eagerly want to listen.