The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ep 56 of The Letters Page - Tempest (Miss Information)

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester
Ep 56 of The Letters Page - Tempest (Miss Information)

I would have posted this earlier but my assistant forgot to remind me it was coming out.

Listen to this week's episode here

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

High quality comedy here, Matchstickman. Bravo.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Just be ready for in-coming salt. :)

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Only salt? Aww, man

*silently puts away the pepper*

Blackfang108
Playtester

Took me a second.

Well played.

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

They didn't actually answer the "how much is she paid" question in the Angry Taxpayer letter, but based on the sources of funding for the Freedom Five they disclosed I will assume "pretty well"

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I think we've been misinformed about the topic of this episode.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That was some major retconning.  Why was Tempest made a hero deck?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

rjc917 wrote:

I think we've been misinformed about the topic of this episode.

Wait, I didn't even.....

CURSE YOU MATCHSTICKMAN! And we mean that literarly!

The next time you play a game of sentinels you'll be forced to discard a card at random.

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

>tfw Miss Information is Twilight Sparkle >.>

I gotta say, I felt a little bit of that imaginary fan salt when they talked about "our" Aminia switching places with the one who should have died. Freedom Auntie didn't deserve that. :(

cnranger

Who is the Simpsons character Adam is referring to? I stopped watching around season 10 so I think the referenced event must have happened after that.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I could have done with more explanation on the powers wielded by the person discussed in this episode, if they don't have reality warping powers then the door to the asylum cell is still firmly attached and they didn't escape until an orderly came to investigate the "destroyed" door, and if they do have reality warping powers then they can change an F into an i.

But I am glad that Christopher and Adam's families will be taken care of if someone on staff is plotting their death... hmmm, I wonder if citizens at the UKGame Expo count as employees?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

cnranger wrote:

Who is the Simpsons character Adam is referring to? I stopped watching around season 10 so I think the referenced event must have happened after that.

I was wondering that myself. My only guess was the Armin Tamzarian incident.

Spoilers for the Simpsons

The Episode "The Principal and the Pauper" revealed that Principal Skinner is not Principal Skinner, he is a fellow soldier called Armin Tamzarian who thought Skinner was dead and slipped into Skinner's old life to make an old lady happy/his life easier. It has echos of the character discussed this week as it changed an established character's backstory with absolutely no foreshadowing.

Powerhound_2000

I agree Matchstickman on both items.  I think a better explanation of her powers would have been nice and now that you mention it I do think Armin is what he was referring to though I’m not sure why Adam didn’t specify.  

One piece I’m surprised that wasn’t brought up again is how Setback foiled one of her attempts on the heroes.  That was probably the more interesting piece of Setback’s episode that came from a question.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

One piece I’m surprised that wasn’t brought up again is how Setback foiled one of her attempts on the heroes.  That was probably the more interesting piece of Setback’s episode that came from a question.  

I'm guessing that particular episode happened in the year that MI ran rampant over the heroes, after she was revealed but before her face-off with Parse.

I can't help but chuckle at one thing in this episode: It took a "You used to be cool!" speach from Baron Blade to knock some sort of sense into MI.

As for her powers, I think it all depends on the range/scope of her powers. Create a hole in a wall? Easy. Mess with the perception of a target? No problem. Change a giant 'F' shaped building into a giant 'i' shaped building? That's difficult.

cnranger

Matchstickman wrote:

cnranger wrote:

I was wondering that myself. My only guess was the Armin Tamzarian incident.Spoilers for the SimpsonsThe Episode "The Principal and the Pauper" revealed that Principal Skinner is not Principal Skinner, he is a fellow soldier called Armin Tamzarian who thought Skinner was dead and slipped into Skinner's old life to make an old lady happy/his life easier. It has echos of the character discussed this week as it changed an established character's backstory with absolutely no foreshadowing.

Maybe but I don't think so. It is a major change to his backstory but he didn't really much of a backstory before then and it changes nothing for his future (he still is acting the same, called the same name and everyone continues interacting with him normally), while the change for Miss Information is a dramatic good to bad guy turn.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I'd completely forgotten about that letter I'd written.  Must have been before the Visionary episode, since that's when it was hinted that everyone got stuck in whatever reality were in when OblivAeon was destroyed.  I'm a little annoyed that they dredged up a question that dated since we absolutely knew better at this point, like of makes it look like I haven't been paying attention.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Maybe a note of when it was submitted might be nice but I wouldn’t be that concerned about it.  I’m sure there are people who may have forgot or coming into this new that didn’t know.   

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

It's okay, MindWanderer, we know the truth. :B

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

One thing I am curious about is what Parse was thinking when she shot the vat... Like, how is giving someone horrible chemical burns and sending them to crazy town preferable to killing them? Was she going for the irony and making MI fall to her own plot? Or did she see that this as somehow better? How "far" did she see the results of her action in this case?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

dprcooke wrote:

One thing I am curious about is what Parse was thinking when she shot the vat... Like, how is giving someone horrible chemical burns and sending them to crazy town preferable to killing them? Was she going for the irony and making MI fall to her own plot? Or did she see that this as somehow better? How "far" did she see the results of her action in this case?

I wonder if Parse's intent was to basically send Miss Info's consciousness back out into the ether like Miss Info was going to do to the F5 with said chemicals, only unfortunately it didn't actually work due to how wack Miss Info currently was.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I think it was probably more like, "I should probably kill her, but everyone's been telling me that I shouldn't be straight up shooting people anymore.  This looks like it'll neutralize her nicely."

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

I wonder if Parse's intent was to basically send Miss Info's consciousness back out into the ether like Miss Info was going to do to the F5 with said chemicals,

That's what I'd go with.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

No, the Principal and the Pauper was 1000% what they were referring to. A lot of people point to that specific episode as when the series started to go downhill.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

cnranger

McBehrer wrote:

No, the Principal and the Pauper was 1000% what they were referring to. A lot of people point to that specific episode as when the series started to go downhill.

Well I'm sure if there was another obvious example it would have been brought up by now. So I'll accept that was what was meant, Adam was referring more to fan outrage (which I could see happening), rather than someone's personality abrubtly and completely changing. While I would not point to that specific episode (early season 9) I do agree that season 8 was the peak for me and it was downhill from there.