The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Ennead vs Into the Stratosphere

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
VanceAttack
The Ennead vs Into the Stratosphere

I'm going to be using Spiff's Rules and Clarifications to get all my information on these cards since I don't have them handy. I played a 2 player game last night with Tempest and Ra vs The Ennead. The game itself was flowing perfectly in favor of us and we were having a blast just decimating the Ennead. As the game was coming to the close I, as Tempest, drew Into the Stratosphere which reads: "Select 1 Non-Indestructible Villain card in play, other than a character card, and put it on top of the villain deck." The damage doesn't matter. 

We had two of the Ennead left in play, one at 2 hp and the other full. We declared that the members of the Ennead are technically "Villain Cards." So I knocked out, I believe it was Geb at 2 hp, and then punched Set straight into the sky. Since there we no villains in play, we won.

So, was my interpretation of Into the Stratosphere correct and hilarious or can one of you correct me and crush my funny victory?

(Got a heavy finger pressing that R, fixed the typo :) )

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Pretty sure that move was disqualified by "other than a character card".

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Yep, all of those mini-bosses are definitely character cards.  From the rule's glossary:

Character Card: a unique card which represents the primary or a major character of a deck.  Character cards do not have the same back as the rest of their deck.  Rather, they have a unique back that provides their extra rules, such as a villain's flip side or a hero's incapacitated abilities.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

VanceAttack

Spiff wrote:

Yep, all of those mini-bosses are definitely character cards.  From the rule's glossary:

Character Card: a unique card which represents the primary or a major character of a deck.  Character cards do not have the same back as the rest of their deck.  Rather, they have a unique back that provides their extra rules, such as a villain's flip side or a hero's incapacitated abilities.

Yah got me! We would have ended up winning regardless, but glad to have this clarified.