The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Elder Scrolls V

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
evandan457
Elder Scrolls V

So, if I haven't mentioned it about 1000 times already, I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Skyrim week. It's been five years in the making, and I have never been more excited. I'm going to the midnight release and everything. This Friday, 11/11/11, we're going back to Tamriel. Get excited, folks.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I am definitely looking forward to getting and plaything this game as soon as I have a chance.  Oblivion was fantastic.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I can't imagine the difference between Skryim and Oblivion will be quite as drastic as the difference between Oblivion and Morrowind, but I do look forward to playing Skyrim whenever the price dips below $30. Renovating your home = very little spending money, sadly.

I wonder if I can make myself a kickstarter... $5, you can watch grainy cellphone video of me playing Skyrim. $500, you can come to my house and watch me play Skyrim.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

evandan457

If it's not too radically different from Oblivion, then that's fine. I loved Oblivion, and a brand new, improved game similar to that with all new content would make me happy. I'm assuming The Elder Scrolls will only do something completely different once the next generations of consoles comes out. Morrowind and Oblivion belonged to different console generations, so I'm guessing the next ES for whatever the next consoles are will be that massive change we'd all like to see. Not saying Skyrim won't be fabulous, though. It will be.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Heh, I hadn't even considered the consoles when thinking about ES III and IV. I played both on the PC. However, I probably will be playing Skyrim on a console because I just don't have the time for the "Why does the game keep crashing at startup?" song and dance that frequently accompanies PC games right now.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

evandan457

Guys... It's good. Really good. I mean, like, super mega awesome spectacular chocolate coated good.