The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Editor's Note #32

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Editor's Note #32

Another Editor's Note! Not much to put here, but I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about once we listen to it!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Ok, and now I'm finished listening. It was good, of course. I was surprised to hear not one, but TWO of my letters this week! One was even one I had completely forgotten about.

Incidentally, I would like to apologize for both of them. If that doesn't tell you which ones they were, then... Well, that's probably for the best, honestly.

I had another one that I was really hoping would show up, but unfortunately did not. I suspect that when they said "we have 4... No, 3 OblivAeon questions," mine was the fourth that just missed the cut. It's a shame, too; I really feel like I nailed the impersonation I was going for.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I just wanna know if Adam's going to be doing the cover for whatever issue they write, for the show notes. :B I'd assume so, but you know what they say...

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

For those who missed it (and in response to Adam's comment about Roman concrete being a lost technology), the "secret" of how Roman concrete is so durable was recently identified. :-o They still don't have the exact recipe, but they understand how it works and feel they can replicate it for projects where it might be appropriate and useful. :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Upcoming schedule:

• Tuesday, August 6th: No Episode (Because Gen Con!)
  • Tuesday, August 13th: Gen Con Live 2019!
  • Tuesday, August 20th: Editor’s Note #33
  • Tuesday, August 27th: Episode #118 - All About SCRPG

Recording Schedule:

• Friday, August 2nd: Gen Con Live 2019!
  • Friday, August 16th: Editor’s Note #33
  • Friday, August 23rd: Episode #118 - All About SCRPG
  • Friday, August 30th: Episode #119 -TBD

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

I was a little sad that they did not answer my questions about the Definitive Edition. But one question did somewhat get answered in that episode. The key question I wanted to know is if the First Appearance variants and scenarios be sold separately from the Definitive Edition. This is my favorite board game but I cannot afford (justify to my wife) to rebuy all the content just for those pieces.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'd imagine it's far too early for them to formulate just how the content will be sold. I mean, they basically don't have any yet!

So we have time to worry about our wallets. XD

Trajector
Trajector's picture

We do get a little hint, though, in that they said the mini-expansions are their product with the worst margins. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a separate first-appearance variant pack, if I were you.

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

That probably means they will collect the mini packs into one package and sell it like that (If I'm understanding their words correctly) instead of having them separate. I don't imagine they will simply leave out those decks. 

FearLord

BrianleWolfhunt wrote:
That probably means they will collect the mini packs into one package and sell it like that (If I'm understanding their words correctly) instead of having them separate. I don't imagine they will simply leave out those decks. 

To me it sounded more like the plan was to incorporate them into the larger expansions (which will already be combinations of existing expansions).

I hope they do take the chance to make some minor alterations to a couple of decks - most decks still hold up pretty well, but there are just a couple like Bunker or Spite that could just use a small tweak to make them a lot more fun...