The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Editor’s Note #15 discussion

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Editor’s Note #15 discussion

Listen to the episode http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/editors-note-15/

Upcoming Schedule:

• Tuesday, March 6th: More Settings: Insula Primalis, Ruins of Atlantis, Magmaria, Fort Adamant, Omnitron-IV
  • Tuesday, March 13th: Tempest
  • Tuesday, March 20th: Prime Wardens
  • Tuesday, March 27th: Grand Warlord Voss
  • Thursday, March 29th: Editor's Note #16

So so we finally have our Tempest and Voss episode so release all those stored up questions.  Also there is this https://www.patreon.com/theletterspage/overview/

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Damn! Just minutes too late!

And Huzzahs! My last thread was not a lie, it was just early.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

They may even get me to start using Patreon... I keep meaning to. It would probably do to support artists more than scrobbling from Spotify. Also means I should probably try and come up with a Temprsination question. 

Also do we think we will be told point blank of Voss is Redacted? 

cnranger

Matchstickman wrote:

Damn! Just minutes too late! And Huzzahs! My last thread was not a lie, it was just early.

Oh it was still a lie about the lies upon lies being told by liars.

cnranger

Ugh. Tempest after the more settings episode (they don't even have a good name for it and it still comes before Tempest's episode) and pushing Voss behind the Prime Wardens episode. Why do they keep stalling so much? wink

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Apparently they were stalling about reaching the end of the Letters Page entirely. X3 Hopefully the Patreon works out for them so we can keep having Letters Pagey goodness. :)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Indeed.

*note to self, look into monthly budget*

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

After this, what's left to cover? I'm sure someone's been keeping track of what heroes, villains and environments they've gone over to date...

Okay, so I loved all the Pokemon banter. :D But the one thing that stood out? "An Oblivaeon episode."

An

As in "there will be more than one". :D That's something to get excited about!

Or else Christopher just misspoke. :B But what are fandoms if not accelerators of bad ideas?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Well there are still the Scions themselves which will have an episode.  Most of that probably being about the Progeny event who is the only solo villain not covered.  All the main heroes are done but I still think Setback could use a redo.  There could be an episode on Young Legacy/Beacon though.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

They could in theory do a starter kit episode

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I had a couple thoughts on this EN, but I can't remember everything. Maybe I'll relisten to get a reminder.

What I do remember: I want that list of cryptids. That's good fuel for my RPG character.

And it looks like the end is pretty near, at least for the episodes covering deck characters/environments.

I would consider donatiing to a patreon for the podcast, but I'm both wary of things that auto-take money from my account(I always pay bills in cash when it's possible) and I want to wait to see what their pledge levels are.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

I had a couple thoughts on this EN, but I can't remember everything. Maybe I'll relisten to get a reminder.

I'm eternally grateful for WalkingTarget's summaries as I am pants at remembering aural information versus written information. ^^;

Phantom5613 wrote:

I would consider donatiing to a patreon for the podcast, but I'm both wary of things that auto-take money from my account(I always pay bills in cash when it's possible) and I want to wait to see what their pledge levels are.

I have a person I've supported on Patreon for a couple years now and haven't had any issues, FWIW.

Re: What else they could cover: Rounding out the "main" episodes: I definitely agree with a Starter Kit podcast; I'd love to see some things fleshed out like the background of some of the areas and getting more into the heads and personalities of the various NPC heroes post-OblivAeon. (Especially Marty, who we currently know very little about personality-wise.) I also like the idea of a podcast about Beacon, as well as suggestions about some current significant characters like Heartbreaker that people have wanted to know more about.

For future episodes: If they just gave us episodes full of more of the issue blow-by-blow summaries it would make me so happy. Also it'd be great to get more followups as we see more RPG-related stuff, as well as Prime War when it shows up.

Re: The Editor's Note topics:

Am I the only one who squeed a little at the whole "they dressed up in Wild West outfits" bit? Like, mental images of Nightmist and Argent and Tempest in Wild West outfits are the best thing ever, you can't convince me otherwise.

I admit I honestly wouldn't blink twice if Hugh and Nigel were just naked other than their projected clothing since there are Marvel characters where that literally is the case for them.

Judge Mental being a rival lawyer to Cosmic is honestly pretty morbidly hilarious. Especially with the implication that the dislike/rivalry is pretty one-sided.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Yeah, there's a lot more to Judge Mental than I ever would have thought. :D I do love hilariousy inept and/or obsessed villains, too.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Dude had mind powers that got people to follow his suggestions, and he STILL lost the case! How bad of a lawyer IS this guy?