The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Eat Poop You Cat forum game

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Eat Poop You Cat forum game

I thought it was about time we tried another silly forum game! So I propose Eat Poop You Cat http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30618/eat-poop-you-cat (which is a kind of hideous hilarious mash-up of Pictionary and Chinese Whispers/Telephone), if people are up for it.

How this will work:

* Express your intent to play here. Once we have a reasonable number of players I'll randomise the player order, and send the first person a sentence or phrase.

* Player 1 draws a picture of the sentence, and sends it to me by private message.

* I send that picture to Player 2, who will write a sentence they think the drawing represents, and send it to me.

* I send that sentence to Player 3, who will draw the sentence, and so on, alternating drawing and sentence, with the last person sending me a sentence.

* I then post everything here in order, and we laugh. A lot.

A couple of things to note: Don't worry about being bad at drawing. This game is much better if people aren't good artists, because the humour is in the misinterpretation. Good artists, please don't try. ;) Also, please don't share or discuss anything until the game's finished, as that tends to break the game.

So who's up for it? :)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

It's possible to simultaneously run a second game too, with the people who drew in the first game writing in the second, and vice versa, for extra confusion.

Damn it, Ronway!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sure!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I'll play, but I don't want to draw anything. I could only draw something at home, and so that would be five or six hours of people waiting for me to make and send a picture.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'll do it.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You could actually just come up with the order and have everyone come up with their own phrase. So, if there are 7 players, there would be 7 phrases. They each pass it to the next player who draws it, and passes it to the next player, etc. until it gets back to the person who first created the phrase. Then everyone posts their entire progression.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Meeba-di-doop! :D

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Abso-lutely!

Will there be beards?

Will there be train puns?

Will there be an extra 50% added Ronway?

I like grysql;s idea too smiley

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Nielzabub wrote:

I'll play, but I don't want to draw anything. I could only draw something at home, and so that would be five or six hours of people waiting for me to make and send a picture.

For Eat Poop You Cat you need no more than thirty seconds wink

We are all in different time zones anyway so it's probably going to take at least a day for every round!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Cool, this sounds pretty much like a game I've played a lot called Droodles, which I played a lot as a kid. In that, you each have a strip of paper (usually it's from an A4 sheet torn lengthways into four strips) and everyone draws a picture (any random crappy doodle) at the top and passes it around to the left/right (whichever way you've all decided passing will go). So everyone looks at the picture they've received and then writes, just below the picture, a word or very brief description of what they think it's a picture of, then folds over the picture and passes it on again, and so on until one strip runsout of space, at which point everyone folds their paper the rest of the way down, passes it along one more time, and then all unrolls the strip to see what it's turned out as. You need at least three people to play and the more there are, the less likely it tends to be that you'll recognise your original piece of paper when it comes around to you again. It can be very funny seeing what people have come up with so yeah, I'm definitely up for this :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Have you tried this site?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Cool, had a bit of a mess around with it. Is more fun playing with friends though, especially if you're all there and talking in order to laugh and "wtf" at all the stupid crappy drawings and stuff :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I'm interested in playing

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Okay, well that's 8. Yay!

• Ronway
  • Nielzabub
  • Phantaskippy
  • BlueHairedMeerkat
  • Mezike
  • Ameena
  • Theta_Sigma
  • EdgeDS

I reckon that's enough for a game - an even number would be better because then we end with a sentence so if anyone else is thinking about it then please join in! We can always tag people on to the end if necessary if we've already started.

Nielzabub, don't worry about not being at home and taking a while to respond, or whatever. We'll all end up doing this at different times anyway so it's all good.

Let's hang on until tomorrow in case anyone else wants to join, and then we'll start.

Damn it, Ronway!

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

If you need an 8th, sure, I'll volunteer.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Yay! :)

Right, I think we're good to go then. Name randomisation is underway!

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

One last thing - if you're drawing, no words please, unless it's something like a stop sign where you can't avoid it. if you're drawing my house (I don't know why you'd do that, but still), you can't label it "Silverleaf's house" because that's far too easy and therefore no fun, and the next person won't be able to humorously misinterpret it. Find a different way to communicate information... ;)

And one last last thing, 2-5 minutes is about the right amount of time to spend drawing.

A sentence is on its way to Player 1 right now.

Damn it, Ronway!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Are we going to try GrySqls idea where we all pass a sentence to the next player at the same time (i.e. eight stories all in motion)? That way we'll all be involved throughout rather than the people at the end being out of the loop for what might be a couple of weeks.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Whether we're only doing one "chain" or everyone starts their own and "passes it to the next person" (like in Droodles), how many times do we go around before we stop? It's not like we're using paper that'll run out of space ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Mezike wrote:

Are we going to try GrySqls idea where we all pass a sentence to the next player at the same time (i.e. eight stories all in motion)? That way we'll all be involved throughout rather than the people at the end being out of the loop for what might be a couple of weeks.

If everyone's up for that, I have no problem with it. :)

Damn it, Ronway!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ameena wrote:

Whether we're only doing one "chain" or everyone starts their own and "passes it to the next person" (like in Droodles), how many times do we go around before we stop? It's not like we're using paper that'll run out of space ;).

For each chain, everyone has one turn, so if we have 8 players there will be 4 pictures and five sentences, assuming I give the starting sentences. You don't want people to contribute again to a single chain because they'll likely remember the original information they had and that will mess things up.

Damn it, Ronway!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Well, if everyone starts their own and passes it along to the next person, eight players is a lot - I wouldn't plan on keeping count so would only recognise my original starting chain if it had failed to change very much from when it started by the time it came back around to me again. Anyway, I'm not sure how it'd make a difference even if I could remember what "step one" of that chain had been - you only need to think about that particular sentence/picture that you're given and work with that - it doesn't matter what it looked like to begin with ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

So what happened with this? I was PMd a picture and replied with a description, but that was a couple of weeks or so ago. Did people end up not continuing the chain or is the game still going but very slowly? I was looking forward to seeing the result :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I received a picture and submitted a sentence. I haven't heard anything else.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

Likewise.  I'm assuming it's just proceeding slowly :)

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

We're waiting on a picture, but it's been a while and I don't think they've been logged in, so I'm happy to pass the sentence onto someone who isn't currently playing so they can draw instead.

Then their picture could go to the final link in the chain...

Damn it, Ronway!

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Sorry, PAX Aus got in the way.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Theta_Sigma wrote:

Sorry, PAX Aus got in the way.

No problem - if you've got a minute to draw us a picture that'd be great. ;)

Damn it, Ronway!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Has this cat stopped pooping then? Did it reach a critical mass of terminal poopageddon?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Bumping this thread to inquire as to the status of the game?

I am the Wordweaver...

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Bumping this thread again to inquire if there is room for one more?

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!