The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Do you like Mega Man?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture
Do you like Mega Man?

I've got a survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B8GXZH7

It's called "Mega Man's most iconic weapons", but honestly I'm not defining "iconic". Pick ten weapons you like, ten you think are the best, whatever. I'm just looking for some consensus from folks who like the series. I'll post the results here after the survey ends on April 3rd!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

The link doesn't work

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Extra bits got tacked on the end, this one will work despite looking the same.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B8GXZH7

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Thank you. Although, I feel like you should have the Mega Buster, since it is technically a MegaMan weapon

-Shigeru Miyamoto

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

VisforYoshi wrote:

Thank you. Although, I feel like you should have the Mega Buster, since it is technically a MegaMan weapon

Well, it's not a Master weapon. That's what I'm going for here.

Also, I know exactly what happened with the link, I am apparently stupid. :P

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Only one week left in the poll! And the link actually works now. :B

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

TakeWalker wrote:
VisforYoshi wrote:

Well, it's not a Master weapon. That's what I'm going for here.Also, I know exactly what happened with the link, I am apparently stupid. :P

Actually, Rockman (Blues and Roll too!) IS considered a Robot Master by the series standards, and is quite literally nubmered among them: DLN-01.

tyleradiaz

https://youtu.be/4EdEryFQy6k

Relevant to my first choice.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

As promised, here are the survey results! Ignore my sudden font change, I guess. <.<

After two weeks and 46 responses from 7 different websites, the winner of the Most Iconic Master Weapon title is the all-powerful Metal Blade from the second game! Quite fitting, considering just how versatile that thing was. :D Here's the rest of your top eight weapons:

2) Leaf Shield (Wood Man - Mega Man 2)
3) Rolling Cutter (Cut Man - Mega Man 1)
4) Thunder Beam (Elec Man - Mega Man 1)
5) Quick Boomerang (Quick Man - Mega Man 2)
6) Top Spin (Top Man - Mega Man 3)
7) Crash Bomber (Crash Man - Mega Man 2)
8) Time Stopper (Flash Man - Mega Man 2)

Almost total domination by the second game. (My personal favorite!) Rounding out the top ten is a three-way tie: Guts Man's Super Arm, Magnet Man's Magnet Missiles and Snake Man's Search Snake!

Other interesting facts:

• Mega Man Powered Up isn't as well known as its NES counterpart, but both Time Man and Oil Man got a vote each.
  • The bulk of the votes, perhaps unsurprisingly, went to the first three games, with each of their weapons getting at least one vote each. However, there was no game that didn't get at least one vote, with the Chill Spike representing Mega Man 10 and Pluto's Break Dash saving the Game Boy Mega Man V from obscurity.
  • On that note, the game with the most weapons voted for (not necessarily the most votes) outside the first three is Mega Man 7. This surprised me! Though it is perhaps no surprise that no one likes Spring Man. Poor Spring Man.
  • Going by total votes, we can rank the games this way: 2 (107), 3 (63), 1/Powered Up (56), 4 (21), 7 (17), 8 (15), 5 (9)/& Bass (9), 9 (7), 6 (6), 10 (2), V (1)
  • And on that note, I'd like to single out Dynamo Man's Lightning Bolt from Mega Man & Bass. In a fairly obscure game, going by overall votes, it's a real standout, garnering half its game's votes all by itself. Apparently it made a mark!

Thank you all for responding to my survey! :) Hopefully if you haven't played a Mega Man game in a while, it got you wanting to! (And yes, as one astute observer noted, I ran this survey hoping to Sentinelize Mega Man. Then I had a completely better idea for what to do so it ended up being all for nothing. Luckily, statistics are their own reward!)

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

I guess I was the only one who really liked Mega Man V...:(

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I only played MAgamans 1-3  more than once or twice

-Shigeru Miyamoto