The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Do Better Than Me (version 2)!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities
Do Better Than Me (version 2)!

So. I was unable to defeat a particular villain with a team configuration in an environment. I got owned. HARD. Even on the non-advanced mode. I finally one, in single digits with one incapacitated.

Please let me know if it's that ahrd and im not just that bad.

Advanced Mad Bomber Baron Blade

Haka

Tempest

Bunker

Megalopolis

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

On the app this is nearly impossible.

It's hard with cards, but Tempest didn't take 17 damage on Baron's 2nd turn with my cards.  he did that in the app.

I flipped him once in three plays on advanced, and that was with good hands, the time I did flip him we incapped the turn we flipped him.

So I beat him with cards, lost 4 straight times on the app.

Seriously, play Localized Hurricane and see how much one shot damage hits Tempest the next round, either this app hates me or it cheats.

Either way I love it.

cmschex
Playtester

I flipped him on the App in 3 rounds, but after the first flipped turn he had two Backlash Fields and a Living Forcefield and I had no Ball Lightning in hand.  Then got the Megalopolis trio 3 turns in a row (I seriously hate that environment) and it was game over from there 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I kept getting close so I kept trying and finally got him.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npp021byjk1px3h/photo%20mar%2002%2C%208%2043%2013%20pm.png?dl=0

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

It was a rough match overall. Megaopolis is not kind to the heroes a lot.   That is what got me a few times between a traffic pileup or a hostage situation which hindered flipping him.  If you can't flip him by end of round four at worst I think you're fighting a losing battle with this team.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

So.I don't just suck.... good. looks like it's a tough one!
Thanks for the help guys!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Honolulu Blue

On my 13th try I finallly got him.  With a couple of asterisks... I swapped out G.I. Bunker for the plain jane version, and I changed the order to Tempest-G.I.-Haka.  Even my victory didn't provide much satisfaction.  I actually like MBB - his games go by quickly, and sometimes that's important - but this is not the team to face him with, IMHO.

Attachments: 
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Lost the first game. Won the second with a combined 54 hit points.

Starting with Into the Stratosphere, Reclaim from the Deep, and Punish the Weak all helped a lot. So did multiple Adhesive Foam Grenades.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Oh, wait. You said Advanced. Never mind.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

With the monorail as MVP

I have finally reached victory

And to my hearty surprise

Tempest escaped his demise

Just barely as you clearly can see

Attachment(s): 

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal