The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Distribution problems of future villain mini expansions with oversized villain cards

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
ketigid
Distribution problems of future villain mini expansions with oversized villain cards

Now that oversize villain cards are canon, how are future mini expansion villains going to be distributed? It will be tough packing a regular sized deck with oversized character cards into a compact shrink wrapped packing like those currently in use.

Or will future mini expansion villains use regular sized character cards and hence be 'non-canon'?

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

"Now"? They've been canon since the first was printed.

If mailing is an issue, there are means to protect. Photo mailers have a cardboard/card stock insert to help prevent bending. UltraPro makes relatively cheap plastic over-sized card protectors.

ketigid

Canon as in regular sized cards will no longer be included, as in Vengeance.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Do we know this for certain?

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Gee, maybe if it's too much trouble, they might.... include normal-sized character cards?

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I think expansions coming with oversized cards is a Vengeance exclusive, perhaps a Mega-Expansion exclusive. Standard expansions and Mini-Expansions will continue to come with regular sized character cards.

Odin
Odin's picture

Yes!!! I was worried when I saw that there were no regular size character cards for the vengeance villains.

e.hananto
e.hananto's picture

Odin wrote:

Yes!!! I was worried when I saw that there were no regular size character cards for the vengeance villains.

i know right, I put all cards from all sets into a single dominion box with the EE box inside so that it forms 3 columns of cards. For now all cards and tokens fit into that one box.

Of course the only problem now is that there is no way to store that oversized villain cards inside so the only thing I can do is leave it out... Damn my OCD bothers me more than it should knowing that I'm missing five vengeance cards not in the box ><