The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

did they record the gen con panel

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
did they record the gen con panel

Does anyone know if they recored the gen con panel and if its going to be available soon for those of us who had the bad luck of not being able to attend? I saw someones cliff notes version of the panel but it looked like he wasnt sure on a lot of the stuff. still would like to see the whole thing or a more detailed info.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pretty sure it wasn't recorded by GtG.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

They Comfirmed that there will be one more expansion after Villians.

RPG got alot of good feedback, and praise.

Handlelabra will release beta for multiplayer in a few week on Steam. if you are on thier mailing list you will get an invite.

Sprit Island is 85-90% Compleated. (I think they said they are pushing for a kickstarter next year)

Promo pack of all promos will be relesed.

There may be future relased content for multiverse, (Like mini-expansions, maps etc..) but that the story arc will be finished.

They may release a Big Box that will hold all the cards (Christopher said one that you cannot lift lol)

Handlelabra are open to makeing other GTG games to digatal, they have had talks, but not till after SOTM is done.

There will be more to GSF in the future

The RPG will let you make your own hero as well as have "Stats" for all SOTM Hero's

GTG is looking to Publish more games, Chris from Dice hate me main job is to demo and present prospects. (Find Great games so we can give them all our money!!!)

And just in General talking to Diffrent People From GTG during Gen-Con, they are Busyer than ever, they are working to get Dice hate me games Republished so they are avaliable to buy, they are looking for new games to publish. (I saw at least 15 diffrent demo meetings). They are working to update the website, to include all aspects of the recent changes (Wrath, Dice hate me, Tactics etc...).

From my own perspective They look and seem to be on the verdge of takeing a big step to haveing a few populer games to a poupler "Brand". They are expanding to the point of becomeing Too Sucessfull to fit thier current setups. and they will have to become more creative in how they display and sell thier Products at these shows. They are going to have so many Populer games and not the Space to demo, and to do more live and diffrent tournaments and such. They will need to expand thier equpment, and resorces to keep up with the demand of more and more fans. It will be an exciteing time, but I feel for them becasue they will also have alot of stress and problems.

So wish them all well, and Know that the Future of GTG will be Very Exciting, and that with a group of dedacted great people, they will really keep blowing our socks off.

Dennis Shields

(This is as much as I remember, I left out the who is the hardest to code etc... questions just the things people I feel would be most instreasted in).

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing dshields.   Too bad I don't live in and can't just move to St Louis.  I would love to work for GtG and help however I could.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Only additional piece they shared (that might not have been at the session, as I wasn't there - Paul told us this in the demo room): Plan (which might change) for the RPG is to Kickstart it in the fall and have it release at Gen Con 2016. 

(I'm pretty sure he said fall... blush)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

He definitely didn't say Fall. Or if he did, he didn't mean it. The Sentinel Comics RPG will not be hitting Kickstarter this year.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Last I heard your plan was January of 2016 for a kickstarter at earliest.   Though based on other news that could be when you try to kickstart Spirit Island now. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

He probably said Spring, then, and my con-brain twisted it up. angel

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

defeateddust
defeateddust's picture

I dont know if it was said at the panel, but I beleive there was mention that Villains of the Multiverse will try to ship in mid October. Am I mis-remembering this?

dshields
dshields's picture
Playtester

defeateddust wrote:

I dont know if it was said at the panel, but I beleive there was mention that Villains of the Multiverse will try to ship in mid October. Am I mis-remembering this?

I Don't remember that, but since Christopher didn't correct me I assume my memory of most of what I posted is farly correct,for the most part, that is LOL