The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Destroyed Mission Reward Rules

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
pcr5373
Destroyed Mission Reward Rules

I'm trying to make sure I'm playing destroyed mission rewards correctly.  According to the rulebook, destroyed rewards go into that hero's trash, so I presume they can be shuffled into that hero's deck and redrawn (or retrieved from the trash with the appropriate effects)?  They don't have cardbacks, so I assume you put them in the deck reward side up and you just get to know they're coming.

And specifically, this seems absurdly good with being able to use and re-use the Blood Stone.  Am I misunderstanding this rule?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You have it correct.   As long as your hero is still standing the rewards go to that hero’s trash if destroyed.  I guess on shuffle I would put it with the objective side up but that’s just personal preference.  Regardless when played again they go out reward side up and if they have health they come into play at full health.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yup, as soon as you earn a Reward it completely counts as being one of your cards and the Mission side basically stops existing (unless something makes the card go back into the Mission deck, which I think can happen if the hero gets completely erased).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Ameena wrote:

Yup, as soon as you earn a Reward it completely counts as being one of your cards and the Mission side basically stops existing (unless something makes the card go back into the Mission deck, which I think can happen if the hero gets completely erased).

Nope, any rewards in a erased heroes deck, hand, trash or play area are removed from the game unless they're still under old character cards.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahh, well, I know there's something that can make them go back to the Mission deck, I just can't remember what it is. Not that, then :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

bishop083

I have a question on this, related to devastation tokens. I can’t remember the exact wording, and my friend owns the game so I can’t exactly go check whenever I want. Do devastation tokens get added only when the hero characters are incapacitated? Or do they also get added when a hero reward is knocked out? I know that we interpreted the rule as only adding devastation tokens when a hero character card is incapacitated, but I wanted to double check.

Powerhound_2000

When a hero is incapped is a token added.   For the Sentinels all four need to be incapped before a token is added.   The reward heroes are not hero character cards but just hero targets so they don’t add a token when destroyed. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bishop083

Thanks, powerhound. That is what I thought. I think my mind may have been mushing some rules clarifications in the manual together.

Powerhound_2000

No worries there’s quite a lot