The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Dealing with The Source of Foes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Girl With N...
Dealing with The Source of Foes

Dear The Source of Foes,

Could you please go away?

Signed,

Literally everyone

—————

I don’t know what it is about this one shield in particular, but it seems nigh bleeding impossible to flip nine times out of ten. The only reason we got it last time we flipped it was because we literally had Omni-X and Rogue Agent KNYFE forcing the Aeon Man deck to play cards. Even then, we only flipped it in Game 2 with no spare environments and almost everyone dead. 

Does anyone have any tips for this shield? It’s just so frigging annoying!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Like half the shields are near impossible to flip most of the time. :/ Effusion of Pain is just as bad, for all that the Handelabra team got really lucky last night and had it flip turn 1. My suggestion is just choose your shield every game and avoid the ones that suck.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I just mentioned in another thread how I just gave up on flipping that shield and decided I was going to have fun punching scions instead.

FearLord

TakeWalker wrote:

Like half the shields are near impossible to flip most of the time. :/ Effusion of Pain is just as bad, for all that the Handelabra team got really lucky last night and had it flip turn 1. My suggestion is just choose your shield every game and avoid the ones that suck.

I haven’t played it yet, but on paper Effusion of Pain doesn’t look too bad - as long as all the heroes are hanging out in one zone presumably ObliVeon eventually just moves there and triggers it? Some of his cards can muck that up I guess, but I’d have thought it should still be possible to trigger quite quickly?

The ‘complete missions’ one looks like the easiest one though, since you kind of want to complete them for the rewards anyway...

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

My suggestion for this Shield is to have heroes try to stick with Aeon Master and plink him for more Aeon Men plays.  It’s rough for sure since OblivAeon can easily wipe out any you’ve built up if you can’t take them out the same round.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dennis

Have everyone move to the second battle zone and build up on the first round. Oblivaeon should play three additional Aeon Men in one of the Battle Zones at the end of his second turn, plus one for the shield in the other Battle Zone. Now that there are four Aeon Men in the same zone, or Aeon Master and Oblivaeon should be separated, so you can plink Aeon Man to get up to four in his Battle Zone. If you know one character can take out four Aeon Men on the same turn, start going for that. That's the easy part.

After the Shield Flips, go exclusively at Aeon Master until he is incapacitated. Defeating him causes all of the Aeon Men to go away, so as long as no one uses any powers in Oblivaeon's zone after he's gone, there's a good chance the Shield will be gone on Oblivaeon's next turn.