The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Dark Watch

237 posts / 0 new
Last post
Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Good luck!  thats going to be a tough one!

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Liking the flipped Spite there. 

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

phantaskippy wrote:

Who is that guy on Fixer's?  He looks like a custom hero I saw once, but has he been on any other cards?

This is my question as well. And yes, he does look like a custom hero I saw on BGG a long time ago...

I have not seen him on any other cards...ever. 

What is going on in that picture? I can't quite tell.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Foote wrote:

He has some kind of blade that he is stabbing into Fixer's chest, Fixer really should consider having that magnet removed.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Ronway wrote:

Foote wrote:

He has some kind of blade that he is stabbing into Fixer's chest, Fixer really should consider having that magnet removed.

Last laugh on Mr Crimson, Fixer is presumably already dead! Was dead? Either way, he has the worst luck with getting stabbed with sharp objects. And Christopher said Setback was the unlucky one...

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I have completed my DW versus GloomWeaver game, I am not quite sure how many rounds it was, but the environment deck had become empty the round before it ended, and this was with DW Fixer putting 1 card on the bottom of the deck, so that would probably be the 16 round when victory was achieved. Setback, Fixer, and Expat were all incapped at the end of it, with NightMist surviving at 8 Hit Points. I think it was somewhere between round 6-8 when the other heroes became incapped. Which was shortly after GloomWeaver's flip.

Around round 10 or 11, NightMist had revealed a Mist Form with Attunement, which practically sealed the fate GloomWeaver's self harming. NightMist waited for GloomWeaver to slowly murder himself, with Mr. Fixer putting tons of Zombies back on the bottom of the deck so once he got to the bottom, he would only constantly play zombies! With two Phosphorescent Chamers in play, GloomWeaver killed himself so quickly. Once he dropped into the teens however, NightMist popped out of Mist Form to send him to Oblivion.

Amulet played a huge part in keeping NightMist alive (while at the same time doubling GlooMWeaver's start of turn damage to himself), also a Mist-Fueled Recovery healing her for 12 HP.

Fun note! Didn't used Expat's base power once!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

Foote wrote:

Maybe that's what they're doing... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Is that what the kids call it these days?

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

There is a custom guy on BGG called the Red Mask.  I'm pretty sure it's not him though. 

Looking at the logo on his uniform, I'm going with an assassin from the Crimson Order of Pac-Men.

They are sworn to kill ghosts by symbolically re-enacting their deaths. 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Braithwhite wrote:

There is a custom guy on BGG called the Red Mask.  I'm pretty sure it's not him though. Looking at the logo on his uniform, I'm going with an assassin from the Crimson Order of Pac-Men.They are sworn to kill ghosts by symbolically re-enacting their deaths. 

I hoped you would catch the reference.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Also, who is the guy Argent Adept is fighting on ExPat's? He looks like some anti-Argent Adept. I haven't seen him before, that's for sure.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

dedlius

Wild Speculation:

The guy on Mr. Fixer's Incap Side is the head of RevoCorp.

Reasoning:

1. The only reason for a villain to wear a mask is to hide his identity and protect his stature in society.

2. Other wild speculation suggests that the Dark Watch is connected to RevoCorp in some way.

3. The head of a major corporation would have plenty of reason to hide his identity if he was also a Supervillain.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

The Argent Adept: Virtuoso of the Void is most certainly fighting The Tarnished Troubador: Baladeer of the Bad.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Ronway wrote:

Around round 10 or 11, NightMist had revealed a Mist Form with Attunement, which practically sealed the fate GloomWeaver's self harming. NightMist waited for GloomWeaver to slowly murder himself, with Mr. Fixer putting tons of Zombies back on the bottom of the deck so once he got to the bottom, he would only constantly play zombies! With two Phosphorescent Chamers in play, GloomWeaver killed himself so quickly. Once he dropped into the teens however, NightMist popped out of Mist Form to send him to Oblivion.Amulet played a huge part in keeping NightMist alive (while at the same time doubling GlooMWeaver's start of turn damage to himself)

Is it legitimate to use Amulet to make the opponent self-damage while you're in Mist Form?  I always assumed you couldn't...because Mist Form would keep you from taking any damage, you had nothing to redirect.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

correct

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Envisioner wrote:

Ronway wrote:
Around round 10 or 11, NightMist had revealed a Mist Form with Attunement, which practically sealed the fate GloomWeaver's self harming. NightMist waited for GloomWeaver to slowly murder himself, with Mr. Fixer putting tons of Zombies back on the bottom of the deck so once he got to the bottom, he would only constantly play zombies! With two Phosphorescent Chamers in play, GloomWeaver killed himself so quickly. Once he dropped into the teens however, NightMist popped out of Mist Form to send him to Oblivion.Amulet played a huge part in keeping NightMist alive (while at the same time doubling GlooMWeaver's start of turn damage to himself)

Is it legitimate to use Amulet to make the opponent self-damage while you're in Mist Form?  I always assumed you couldn't...because Mist Form would keep you from taking any damage, you had nothing to redirect.

No you cannot redirect damage while in MistForm, which is something I didn't do.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Okay, I guess I didn't read your message carefully enough, it sounded like that had happened.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

Benhimself
Benhimself's picture
Playtester

Daaaaaaaaang. Adam knocked those flipped sides OUT OF THE PARK. I want a digital version of DW Nightmist's incap side for my desktop background, now.

Zalrus9
Zalrus9's picture

Hey, has anybody played a game with DW Mr. Fixer and the origional Unity? I feel like that would a fun little metagame where equipment gets destroyed left and right, although I feel like that's also the way to lose freinds...

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist."

David Cronenberg

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Just play with Bunker and keep him in Upgrade Mode for as long as possible.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Better - have the Argent Adept in the game along with original Expatriette and Bunker.  In the ideal circumstance, Unity can play two cards with Swift Bot, Bunker two with Upgrade Mode, Expat can use Speed Loading and Load to get three out in one turn, and Argent can make players play at least three cards during his turn (perform Alacritous Subdominant and accompany Inventive Preparation), more if he has a chain running or a Silver Shadow in hand.

Drakossozh

And then Dawn runs by and Auroras everything to oblivion.

That would suck.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Right, so play against Plague Rat and you'll be fine.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

If Dawn plays Aurora, DW Fixer has no qualms about using Overdrive, provided he's first in the turn cycle.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Voss.  Always go against Voss for fun shenanigans, still a challenge, doesn't mess with your stuff, lots of stuff to shoot and takes long enough to kill to get your stuff set up.

Hilgendwarf

Just got my Dark Watch promos! Spoilers below:

Man, Setback's flipped side is him holding a seemingly dead Expat and crying! Such great artwork and theme through these new cards! I can't wait to get them to the table!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'm really eager to see how the whole team will work together. Do we know exactly when Vengeance is finally gonna ship?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

With so many delays, GtG is trying a new shipping method. This time, they are shipping it with La Capitan. So that means it should get to you by yesterday, maybe last week, so keep an eye out.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

But some cards will be under La Capitan, so you'll have to beat her up if you want a complete set. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

And she gets to keep any packages that are destroyed.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

She'll also intentionally damage your packages as an excuse to keep them for herself.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

...thus explaining how the delays happened in the first place!

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Phantom5613 wrote:
I'm really eager to see how the whole team will work together. Do we know exactly when Vengeance is finally gonna ship?
In seriousness, they have specified February but not given further details.
broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Phantom5613 wrote:

In seriousness, they have specified February but not given further details.

My vote is mid-february, because that's when my birthday is smiley

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm just hoping they announce a release party in time for me to secure transportation.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

I'm just hoping they announce a release party in time for me to secure transportation.

See you there, hopefully.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Pages