The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Crazy request

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester
Crazy request

Can someone with more skill than me can they make a background of the card ¿Quando? ¡Ahora!

I would to like get this as a Wallpaper for my Computer but not sure how to go around and doing this. Listing my Favorite cards got me looking over La Captian's decks.

Thanks

Edit: spelling

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Browsing through The Art of MTG made me realize I'd really love big versions and/or wallpapers of Sentinels card art too.

(Also I really want to see ¿Quando? ¡Ahora!'s art at this point because everyone keeps talking about it...)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

This is a picture of my copy of that card.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ife50pdl88gbr0b/QuandoAhora.jpg?dl=0

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I think this request is best directed (initially) at GtG. A blown-up version of the card art is not going to look great; it would be better to start from their original high-res files.

Powerhound_2000

I would agree and has meant to comment that.  I was posting this more for Jeysie so they had an idea of what was being referenced. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That's one of the cards that's made Villains La Capitan one of my favorites, but I've never really taken a close look at it before. Who are these people?

On the one side, you've got, like... the Freedom Five, represented by Nightmist, the Dreamer (and awesome ape!), blue woman? (R63 Greazer?), and... a bird?

And then there's, like... Evil Tempest? Setback-who-is-Mr.-Fixer. A far less primal Plague Rat dressed up like a Green Lantern. And maybe some kind of Operative? What the butt?

Powerhound_2000

La Capitan travels through time so who knows what alternate versions of the heroes and villains she sees.  I'd still be curious to see those as well as variant heroes shown in the be the gate art in the OblivAeon ARG.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

its one of my favorite cards too

on the left is The Dreamer with her Ape, that might be a Void Shard in its forehead (meaning she might be partially like Idealist?). 

There is I assume The Naturalist (because Green, which all of cards indicate is his color, and has a FV symbol on his chest.) as a Raven, which means he could have Matriarchs Power.

Nightmist has green hair instead of white. And green energy in her hands. And that looks like a reed pipe rigaht there in the center. That might indicate she is the Virtuoso of the Void - given that she has gone to the void, and we know Adept is tightly connected to the Void, that makes some sort of sense.

It might also not be Nightmist, but Harpy who got Nightmists Curse instead. Not sure.

Tachyon as a an Omnitron Robot.

On the Right is Tempest with red lightning, perhaps Empyreon? (red energy bolts). Could also be in connection with Friction? Hard to tell on that one.

Setback combined with Mr Fixer, might have some of Zhu Long's power given the glyph on his chest. 

The girl is Kismet. If you look real close above her shoulder you can see the Talisman.

And of course a heroic Plague Rat

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Oh. Plague Rat's uniform looks like Bugbear. Might be a combination of the two. Might not be heroic. THat could be the Dark Watch of another Universe, or it could be the Chairman and his crew of another universe.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

La Capitan travels through time so who knows what alternate versions of the heroes and villains she sees.  I'd still be curious to see those as well as variant heroes shown in the be the gate art in the OblivAeon ARG.

Of the "Be the Gate" heroes, the ones I would LOVE to see developed for the game are the Apostate/Fanatic, Cosmic Parse, and maybe Chrono-Kismet (since I'm finally starting to grok Chrono-Ranger).

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Thanks Powerhound, the curiosity was starting to get to me after seeing the card mentioned about five zillion times on the forums.

That indeed is an epically cool pic. I love alternate heroes and speculating how they ended up that way.

I think you're right, Lynkfox, that that's Faye as the Virtuoso. I had been wondering why the outfit seemed vaguely familar, and that would be why now that you mention it. It looks like she has a harp frame on her bodice rather than a guitar fret (because harps are feminine, of course...)

Why not Anthony as getting Nightmist's curse? He joins up with a warlock group after they keep coming into his bar all the time as regulars and finally invite him along one day. ;P

Setback as Mr. Fixer is so weird to me. Not nearly as weird as SetLegacy from the Be The Gate comic, though...

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh yes, I absolutely adore the design of that lady Chrono-Ranger and would love an official variant of her! (I also want to know what the heck Setback Legacy would do...)

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Oh yes, I absolutely adore the design of that lady Chrono-Ranger and would love an official variant of her! (I also want to know what the heck Setback Legacy would do...)

I want a variant of Setback-Legacy that can work with either deck.
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Pretty sure the 6 on the D6 on his chest means He's incredibly lucky all the time, meaning that he got ALL of Legacy's powers.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Be the Gate is also a Background I want. But that is eaiser. Might start with that. The image is on the wiki. Just need to get a hold of a Image editing softwhere.

My take on ¿Quando? ¡Ahora! is much like you guys but, Virtuosus Nightmist does not have a harp on her bodice, that is the FV symbol like the others have (where is the 5th menber). The pan pipes have an elder sign, or that is what i got out of it when i saw it. The naturlist has differnt base forms, or he can change to any shape. OmniTachy is interesting, not sure where to go with that. And the guys on the other side look more villianous, thier poses are not what most heros will pose like but i could be wrong. I can buy they are Dark Watch. The guy flying looks like person with the trident on PW Tempest incap, but with less mutations. I agree that the girl is Kismet but what is her story now? BugBear Plauge Rat, I am down for tht never though of that.

Why not Anthony as getting Nightmist's curse?

We need to chain Adam to a table so he can draw our cross over Heroes. There is no reason this can not happen, now I want to see Private Eye Anthony.

Kinda of wish CON got a sexy Native American gal to be the Chrono Ranger. But I would totaly be down for her to loose that arm though. Equality for all.

Ok guys time to make Fan Hero cards, We can also make the America's Cleverlist Legacy.

Link to the ARG

http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=ARG_Event

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

speedyolrac wrote:
Virtuosus Nightmist does not have a harp on her bodice, that is the FV symbol like the others have (where is the 5th menber).

D'oh, you're right, I had trouble making it out before.

Also, if you were going for the feminine term, it's Virtuosa.

speedyolrac wrote:

Why not Anthony as getting Nightmist's curse?

We need to chain Adam to a table so he can draw our cross over Heroes. There is no reason this can not happen, now I want to see Private Eye Anthony.

You know, I just remembered that Arkham Horror/Elder Sign has another character along with Joe Diamond called Dexter Drake who was a stage magician looking for real magic.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Would this work? 

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony
  • Dreamer
  • Bubbles (the monkey)
  • Naturalist
  • Speedtron
  • Nightmist, Virtuoso of the Mists
  • Baron Tempest
  • Lucky Strike
  • The Rat
  • Kismet

These are the names as I imagine them. 100% that none of these are correct, but it's just my own thing. I think these are all fusions of characters, but some fusions are hard to pick out. Dreamer is tough. Bubbles maybe with Haka? Naturalist with Matriarch? Baron Tempest or maybe Voss-Tempest? Rat and Bugbear? And Kismets fusion is hard to speculate on as well.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@Christopher: You rock. :D

I totally need lots of Sentinels wallpapers to go with my MTG wallpapers.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

blushheartcrying

My life is complete. It look gorgeous as a background. Love you guys. 

When this is all done if you guys want to put your art into a virtual book I would buy it faster than hotcakes. I want to make sure the Artist known as Adam doesn't go hungry.

Going to make a Be the Gate background after lunch.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Now I'm wondering if we should push our luck. :3

A few other cards I could see possibly being interesting wallpapers:

• Silver Shadow
  • Syntactic Analysis
  • High Risk Behavior
  • Apocalypse
  • Luminous Leadership
  • Fickle Fans
  • Inconceivable Obstruction
  • Con's Bunker
  • Bridge
  • Overcharged Systems

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

The Be the gate jpeg I edited. My other new wall paper, now time to get that nightmist as my icon now.

Attachment(s): 

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Foote wrote:

The Rat

Cosmic Rat, I'd think.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Good call on the Virtuoso thing, in the larger image, she's obviously magically wielding panpipes! With an Elder Sign, even!

Still not sure about that robot lady, though... I mean, she looks similar to Tachyon, but I get the nagging feeling she's supposed to be someone else...

That's obviously the (not-so) Treacherous Ape, too, which is why I wasn't initially counting it as part of the five. But you never know...

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I didn't know I needed that wallpaper in my life until now.  Thanks!

TakeWalker wrote:
(I also want to know what the heck Setback Legacy would do...)
I thought he should be "America's Greatest Setback," but then his emblem should have been a deck of cards instead of a die.  But he gets elected President for no apparent reason and then makes a long series of inexplicably bad decisions.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'm almost positive that's supposed to be a Unity/Omnitron mix. That definitly fits better than Tachy/Omni to me. Or maybe it's all three mixed together?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Given how many Omnitrons there are in the various multiverses, maybe that literally is just Omnitron-X, who went for the female-gendered body instead of neutral.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

With the ponytail and red goggles I assumed it was a Tachyon-Omnitron mix.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Phantom5613 wrote:

I'm almost positive that's supposed to be a Unity/Omnitron mix. That definitly fits better than Tachy/Omni to me. Or maybe it's all three mixed together?

Check out Tachy's letters Page in the Tactics timeline spot. She is already shown in this timeline to be prone to altering herself with gadgets and tech to stabalize her body. This omnitron/tachyon mixup (note the pony-tail and lack of any pink color so I think unity is out) already has some pretty solid basis for maybe actually happening at some point far down the road.

After the Tachyon Letters Page actually, it really makes me wonder if the visions shown on this particular card are alt universe characters, or visions of a future that might one day come to pass.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

it really makes me wonder if the visions shown on this particular card are alt-universe characters, or visions of a future that might one day come to pass.

Nightmist is dead. . .so not a future, but maybe another timeline's future. One where Tachy has to push herself much sooner. But there is one thing constant in every realm, Vanessa young getting powers, as shown there. Where is young Vanessa in this timeline?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Umm...isn't that her sat on top of the not-so-treacherous ape?

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

What's up with the blue shoulder pads on that ponytailed robot? They have an Absolute Zero vibe to me. Or are they just an Omnitron signifier?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Also note there seems to be lots of sickly green energy floating around, most prominently in a shard on the Treacherous Ape's forehead, but also in both timelines shown interacting here. Even Adept Nightmist has that sickly green energy, which is a darker green than Argent Adept's effects.

Is the parrot just The Naturalist, or is there a mashup going on there as well?

Where are the chevrons on Cosmic Rat's shoulders from? Is that a Captain Cosmic signifier?

For the record, the Chinese character on Lucky Strike's chest is 運, yùn, fortune, luck, or fate.
http://www.mandarintools.com/animations/904Ba.gif
http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordlook.pl?word=%E9%81%8B&searchty...

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I also hope this gets wiki'd.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

dpt wrote:

For the record, the Chinese character on Lucky Strike's chest is 運, yùn, fortune, luck, or fate.

"Lucky Strike". That's amazing. Very well done!

I don't remember what the heck thread it was in (I just saw it this morning!), but the image of the fully-upgraded Benchmark made me think of the Tachyon-bot here. I wonder if maybe Dr. Stinson hasn't integrated with some RevoCorp technology...

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

Let me rephrase,l Where is kid Vanessa long form the prime timeline? (this is going to get confusing with the new kickstarter). We do not see hair nor tail of her since the dreamer event.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

speedyolrac wrote:

Ameena wrote:

Let me rephrase,l Where is kid Vanessa long form the prime timeline? (this is going to get confusing with the new kickstarter). We do not see hair nor tail of her since the dreamer event.

I'm looking forward to the Visionary podcast! :-D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MrLeRobot
MrLeRobot's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:

I'm looking forward to the Visionary podcast! :-D

Probably the episode I'm most excited about too! (Which, by Foote's Law, will probably be one of the last character to be covered...! I don't feel like it's a bad thing though, I always eat dessert at the end of the meal anyway!)

MrLeRobot...

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

The one I'm really looking forward to (unsurprisingly) is La Capitan. Man, I have so many questions for that one.

Powerhound_2000

I think that Fanatic and Visionary are the ones that will answer the most mysteries.  As to which one I'm looking forward to the most well that's Guise and Scholar no doubt.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Dandolo wrote:

The one I'm really looking forward to (unsurprisingly) is La Capitan. Man, I have so many questions for that one.

Anyone who thought the diagram for Omni's ep was complex is in for a shock... ;-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Tachyon was also revealed to have worked on a super suit and view Omnitron-X as just a machine.  What are the odds that in some timeline an injured Tachyon turned Omnitron tech into a super suit that worked even better than she imagined, and her brain is logical enough that she might not have noticed as the programming and her own brain became more and more intertwined.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

Tachyon was also revealed to have worked on a super suit and view Omnitron-X as just a machine.  What are the odds that in some timeline an injured Tachyon turned Omnitron tech into a super suit that worked even better than she imagined, and her brain is logical enough that she might not have noticed as the programming and her own brain became more and more intertwined.

Or, in a parallel to Golem Unity, a Devra Caspit desperate to save her friends Omnitron-X and Tachyon after their simultaneous grievous injuries, ends up transferring Dr. Stinson's consciousness into an Omnitron chassis.
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I think you're on to something with that idea. :D

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Dandolo wrote:

Dandolo this is where we both agree. I should get a giant list of questions. Man, I got to make then good. Well time to look over all of the cards now. What a horrible job I got to do now. cheeky