The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Convolution 2012 (Burlingame, Nov 2nd - 4th)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture
Convolution 2012 (Burlingame, Nov 2nd - 4th)

Hey all,

Sorry - put this in General at first, moved it to Events.

Are you planning to be in northern California this November? If not, are you looking for an excuse to be in northern California this November?

If so, you're in luck: Thanks to Christopher's awesomeness, I'm happy to announce that I will be running demos of Sentinels at Convolution 2012!

Convolution is a brand-spankin'-new sci-fi and fantasy convention here in the Bay Area. I'm trying to help them have as good a first year as possible, and trying to help spread the word about Sentinels, and I figured, why not combine the two into one massive double-decker sandwich of awesome?

Basic Info for Convolution: The con is from Friday November 2nd to Sunday November 4th, at the Hyatt in Burlingame, California. Full price of a badge for the whole weekend is currently $55, not sure what their pricing for day passes will be yet. Further info at their website, http://www.con-volution.com.

I will demo-ing Sentinels in the gaming room on Sunday, noon to three.

I'll also be at the con the whole weekend, Friday night until whenever I leave Sunday and I'd love to meet up with forum folks and chat or play a game or two of Sentinels, my schedule permitting; I'll have info on my badge name and where to find me.

Hope to see some folks there!

“We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.”
- Grant Morrison

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That sounds great! Wish I could be there to help. :-\

Good luck; I hope it goes well!

Russ

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

Thanks, Russ, I appreciate it! I wish you could be there, too, you welcomed me so warmly onto the forums it seems a shame to not get to help you whack Plague Rat with a wrench!

“We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.”
- Grant Morrison

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm about 12 years too late -- used to live in San Mateo. Hope it goes great. Please let us know and post a picture if you can.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

Got my timeslot for the game, edited the original post. Now I'll let this thread sit until, you know, NOVEMBER. I do hope some folks can make it!

- Grant Morrison

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

*bumping* the thread, both because the con's a month away and because prices are about to go up. Hope to see some folks there!

- Grant Morrison

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

Aaaand one last bump. Demo is at noon Sunday; hope to meet up with a few of you!

- Grant Morrison