The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Complexity of Shattered Timelines heroes

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
youperguy
Complexity of Shattered Timelines heroes

Well, thanks to the success of getting her question on villain difficulty answered, my daughter was wondering about the complexity of the heroes in Shattered Timelines. Any thoughts from the play testers?

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

They are both level 2 heroes. Just about the middle ground of complexity, but both very fun.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Nevermind... I'm an idiot. For some reason I read infernal Relics. Err. Disregard. 

youperguy

Thanks how about the Scholar?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

He's probably a high 2 or low 3. He's very powerful and nigh-indestructible, but requires constant managements of how many cards you can keep out, because you need to discard cards to fuel his main ongoing cards.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

flamethrower49
Playtester

Yeah, I think the Scholar will show up as a 3, since he is not exactly straightforward.  He's powerful, though.

Omnitron-X and Chrono-Ranger are 2s. 

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Would anyone care to offer difficulties for the new environments, just to round this off?

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Time Cataclysm is pretty easy; it blocks healing and some damage, which puts a damper on several bosses (but also heroes that rely a lot on healing, like Nightmist or Absolute Zero), and has one card in particular that makes heroes like Mister Fixer and, to an extent, Tachyon and Omnitron-X REALLY powerful. like, WAY broken.

The Block is a bit harder. Lots of targets in it, and they play themselves and destroy themselves a lot. They actually fight amongst themselves, which is neat.

Silver Gulch is, in general, pretty easy, and even has a few cards that are either directly beneficial or at least not a threat. It does have an instant-lose condition, although it's a lot harder to fulfil than Mars'.

The Final Wasteland is actually not that bad. Just a lot of fairly low-health, hard-hitting monsters.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Aha! So that's what the Scholar does! One must feed the beast, Seymour, and the power shall come.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!