The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Completionist Guises

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Completionist Guises

We just got OblivAeon and were laying out heroes for our first game........

The "Completionist Guise" card that came in the Ultimate Collector's Case is sleeving Justice Comics and says on the back, "These are from an extremely limited print run."

The "Completionist Guise" card that came in the complete hero variant collection is sleeving the Freedom Five Annual OblivAeon edition, and says on the back, "Some of these have minor variations in the covers that make them really valuable!"

The "Completionist Guise" card that came in our fifth anniversary foil hero collection is sleeving an XTREEEEME issue of Prime Wardens and says on the back, "I'm going to need like...a million dollars for these."

Adam wouldn't make any more variations on him to foster a crazy completionist trading ring, would he??!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Time will tell. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I want the digital version to include every cover Adam's ever drawn and pick one randomly every game.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Guise is the only card to differ between the 5th Anniversary Foil Collection and the Complete Hero Variant Collection.

He's also the only card with the same "base" artwork between the complete collections and the first-run variant printing (the one that came in the Big Box).

But we've never known until now! We've only had the foil!

I'm just curious if they seeded other variations of him out there among everyone. Then we can blame any and all shipping delays on Guise. ;)

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

I want the digital version to include every cover Adam's ever drawn and pick one randomly every game.

+100 on this. It would be awesome but I can also seeing it being a lot of work for Adam.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

ogseamus wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

+100 on this. It would be awesome but I can also seeing it being a lot of work for Adam.

It would depend on how they implement it, but it wouldn't have to be a lot of work for him. The Comp Guise art could be everything but the cover, and the app randomly fills the cover. Adam's already done the covers, so that wouldn't be additional art. :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

For the record, I got the same 3.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector