The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Collected clarifications and rules changes

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
Collected clarifications and rules changes

Rather than continuously wonder where/if I'd read something about a rules clarification whenever an issue came up during play, I decided to actually scoop up all the important clarifications and changes I'd seen on the forums here and put them into a single PDF that I could put on my iPad and have handy while playing.  If anyone else is interested, the file can be found here:

http://www.spiffworld.com/temp_files/sotm.pdf

When I get a chance, I plan on going through the BGG forums as well to see if there's anything there that I don't already have in my PDF.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

One thing I'd like to note about Embued Fire, even thought it was officially stated that both effects (hero's damage changed to fire and fire +1) were both static and didn't rely on order, examples have shown that at least changing hero's damage type does in fact rely on order (playing Embued Fire then Cramped Quarters results in melee damage, playing Cramped Quarters then Embued Fire results in fire damage).  Basically a simple way to interpret the ruling is that any damage count modifiers simple at the time damage is being applied, and order doesn't matter because damage count modifiers can't cause confict (due to both the commutative and associative properties of addition).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:
Rather than continuously wonder where/if I'd read something about a rules clarification whenever an issue came up during play, I decided to actually scoop up all the important clarifications and changes I'd seen on the forums here and put them into a single PDF that I could put on my iPad and have handy while playing.  If anyone else is interested, the file can be found here:

When I get a chance, I plan on going through the BGG forums as well to see if there's anything there that I don't already have in my PDF.

cool

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

Spiff wrote:

cool

Agreed - many thanks for doing this, Spiff!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)