The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Citizen Truth/Dare

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ironic
Ironic's picture
Citizen Truth/Dare

They're the same person, right?  All the other sets give each other buffs, these ones take each other out of play.  They look identical, right down to the outfit (and not only do the Citizens not have a stock uniform, almost all of them except Truth/Dare and Dawn herself just wear street clothes).  The flavor texts are so dramatically opposed, it seems like a split personality, though I suppose it might just be a powerful minion with a wide range of powers being shown as two cards to get a better range of their abilities.

Ironic

P.S. Also, unless I'm wrong, Truth/Dare is the only non-Character villain to appear on Chrono-Ranger's Bounty cards.  The mechanical reference is clear (that Bounty is useless against Characters, and specifically hoses Trash-based Villains such as Dawn), but I wonder if it also means that he's a particularly powerful or plot-relevant minion.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Drakossozh

I never noticed this, but now that you mention it.... Perhaps they are the same person, but different personalities? As in, a split-pesonality, though the current medical term now escapes me... Either way, it could be the same person, but whose powers manifest with different personalities?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

They have similar uniforms, but they are not the same. The colors are all reversed. I would say that considering them possible twins is way more plausable than being the same person. You can put their cards together (like pride and predujuce). I would think they are standing on the feild next to eachother.

Also, has it been confirmed that the guy in "No Executions" bounty is indeed Truth? As I type this, I JUST noticed the rising sun emblem on the "No Executions" bounty. Thats pretty clear to me now haha.

I can not speak to Truth being plot relevant or not, but he is totally one target I wouldnt mind not seeing in gamecheeky

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Granted I don't know if they are in fact the same person or not. Though their initial look they didn't look anything alike. I'm not entirely sure why their look was changed, but unless their back story has been changed I don't see them being the same person.

Mechanically why they take eachother out of the game is because it is Truth or Dare, unlike everything else which is Sweat, Blood, and Tears; Assualt and Battery; Hammer and Anvil; and of course the Four Seasons Hotel. So mechanically I understand it, themeatically i'm not entirely positive about it.

Zalrus9
Zalrus9's picture

Drakossozh wrote:

I never noticed this, but now that you mention it.... Perhaps they are the same person, but different personalities? As in, a split-pesonality, though the current medical term now escapes me... Either way, it could be the same person, but whose powers manifest with different personalities?

(it's called Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID for short. I'm glad you didn't call it schizophrenia, as that's a diffrent thing entirely)

Of course, they could be twins, and the fact that they kill each other is part of the game balance. Or maybe they don't want to steal each other's thunder, or something. It could be entirly possible they could be the ones who help power Dawn, which is why they go to the trash; they help her charge up more directly. They do seem to have light based powers...

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist."

David Cronenberg

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Maybe they're like those cyborg brothers in Cyborg 009 and cannot interact with each other without causing a fatal backlash for themselves and others.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Drakossozh

There you go! Dissociative Identity Disorder. I fail at life. Thank you!

Although their color schemes are reversed, for people/a person with light based powers, wouldnt changing colors be simplicity itself? Hmmm...

flamethrower49
Playtester

Drakossozh wrote:
I fail at life. 

That's a different disorder altogether.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

But a far more common one... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

In the game of "Truth or Dare" you can only choose one of the two options.

Zalrus9
Zalrus9's picture

Greywind wrote:

In the game of "Truth or Dare" you can only choose one of the two options.

You know, I've not thought of that before! Good thinking! I also noticed that although the two have light based powers, Truth's are full colors, while dare's light-things are inverted in color. So perhaps they do explode when they get near each other. Probably makes housing the citizens a fun task! I wonder how Dawn does it?

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist."

David Cronenberg

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Zalrus9 wrote:

I also noticed that although the two have light based powers, Truth's are full colors, while dare's light-things are inverted in color. So perhaps they do explode when they get near each other. Probably makes housing the citizens a fun task! I wonder how Dawn does it? 

I smell a sitcom

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

Aw, man, who could forget Citizens of Sunscreen?  Swimsuits, superpowers, and strained living arrangements - what a classic show.  It's just too bad that Dawn leveled half of Hollywood when she found out about it.

Ironic

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"