The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Chrono-Ranger

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities
Chrono-Ranger

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shattered-timelines/posts/354338

Awesome backstory! I'm just wodnering if his pwoer is a little weak. Anyone think so too?

EDIT: Syntax change, removed an unecessary line break.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Similar to Mr. Fixer I guess. I am sure there will be plenty in his deck to build on it!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

As a playtester, I can tell you not to worry. His base power may be weak, but the rest of his deck certainly makes up for it (and can even modify that power!)

But I'm surprised at the whole one-arm thing. Now Tempest isn't the only one with -1 left arm! But I'm so happy we've finally got him. They've been teasing him since Rook City, and now he's here! I'm also surprised about the whole thing about him getting dropped in a post-apocalypic environment where Plague Rat caused so much destruction.

I'm calling it right now: That post-apocalypic world is going to be a future environment.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

GuiltTrip
GuiltTrip's picture

UXM266 wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-... Awesome backstory! I'm just wodnering if his pwoer is a little weak. ANyone think so?

I would imagine, it may be small to start for fear of what it can become with his deck. But to be honest, it he does have bonus damage I would love to see a power with 3 targets and 0 damage (him shooting guns out of hands or something). That would be different but pretty cool.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

evandan55 wrote:

As a playtester, I can tell you not to worry. His base power may be weak, but the rest of his deck certainly makes up for it (and can even modify that power!)

Okay. No more details. I want it to eb a surprise!

Just curious. I know that Mr. Fixer does have modifictaions,a nd it's all dependent on the deck (look at Absolute Zero or Nightmist)!

I can't wait!

Veet

Was not expecting him to be a cyborg, but thats pretty cool.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

CR doesn't function quite to the diversity of Mr. Fixer's deck, but there are other options he has. I'd certainly classify him amongst the "attacker" heroes.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Loved the story.  Found myself reading it in my head with a slow cowboy drawl. :)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

TheSoundOfTrees

Am I the only one to wonder if Con could be a far away in the future version of Omnitron (X), or one of his creations ?

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

TheSoundOfTrees wrote:

Am I the only one to wonder if Con could be a far away in the future version of Omnitron (X), or one of his creations ?

I'm sure this won't be the last we see of him. But yes, I thought the same thing.

flamethrower49
Playtester

Chrono-Ranger has a perfect base power.  You will understand.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I can't wait to tell my little nephew the bedtime story of Jim, the Chrono-Ranger.

"Sleep tight, littl fella. Don't you worry none about no monster in the closet, or under the bed.  Jim got ya covered."

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

flamethrower49 wrote:

Chrono-Ranger has a perfect base power.  You will understand.

Considering what it can become, yes. I agree.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

jagarciao wrote:

I can't wait to tell my little nephew the bedtime story of Jim, the Chrono-Ranger."Sleep tight, littl fella. Don't you worry none about no monster in the closet, or under the bed.  Jim got ya covered."

That. Is awesome! I wish I had a cute nephew to tell that story too. 

AnachronismAxe
AnachronismAxe's picture
Playtester

Does his name plate vaguely remind anyone else of Back to the Future? Cuz that curved title sure does remind me of it. :D

ketigid

He is sheriff at the silver gulch, we might see some nemesis icon from that environment, Hayes brothers?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

ketigid wrote:

He is sheriff at the silver gulch, we might see some nemesis icon from that environment, Hayes brothers?

His Nemesis is Plague Rat. Plague Rat's Icon is a Sherrif's Star. CHrono-Ranger appears in one of the cards, and he hates giant rats.

ketigid

That I know, I'm speculating Anubis style nemesis from the Hayes brothers.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

ketigid wrote:

That I know, I'm speculating Anubis style nemesis from the Hayes brothers.

Oh. I isread your psot. You're specualting that some of the environment will have Nemesis icons?

Cool!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I could see that happening. Maybe the Hayes brothers used to give the town lots of trouble while Jim was the sheriff. And upon his return, they've invaded the two? He and the new sheriff are gonna need to lay down some serious law.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

That would make the Hayes brothers the nemesis of Plague Rat too, for no good reason.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Whoops, that's true. Then I suppose they'll just stay normal outlaws. The sheriff can handle them!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Tempest has one arm? How have I totally failed to notice that in about a zillion plays? Though I seem to recall he's clutching one of his arms (which is bleeding) on his Incapacitated side...

Anyway, yeah, Chrono Ranger looks cool! Looking forward to seeing all the new decks when the expansion finally comes out :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

TheSoundOfTrees

John Hayes :" Ya better leave this town now, ya filthy vermin. Thar's only room for one pack o'rats here, and that's me and mine brothers !"

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Ameena wrote:

Tempest has one arm? How have I totally failed to notice that in about a zillion plays? Though I seem to recall he's clutching one of his arms (which is bleeding) on his Incapacitated side...Anyway, yeah, Chrono Ranger looks cool! Looking forward to seeing all the new decks when the expansion finally comes out :D.

Freedom Six Tempest straight up lost it.  But don't worry.  He replaced it WITH A LIGHTNING BOLT!!!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Yeah, he's only one-armed in the future. But there is still a Tempest out there who is missing an arm!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

On one of plague rat's cards, Shadowy Ambush, we see Chrono Ranger with a left arm.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Maybe it's a really human looking robot arm?  I got nothin'...

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahh okay...I haven't actually looked at any details of the Freedom Six yet, as that Kickstarter update came before I backed it. Wonder how he lost his arm then...hey I hope that doesn't make Gene-Bound Shackles only half as good ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

IKerensky

What make you think Chrono Ranger have only one arm ? the bio specifically told us he got a robotic left arm !

LCinn
LCinn's picture

I have often wondered how a time-travelling ranger would end up being the nemesis of plaguerat (how come we've known about chrono ranger's name such a long time? Did they spoil it?). I love the answer, it's a really cool hero-villain relation, different from the usual.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

LCinn it's been supposition but the name Chorno-Ranger appeared in Plague Rat's deck as a quote source ("Infection"), and a picture also appeared on one of his cards ("Shadowy Ambush") and people looked at the sheriff's star nemesis symbol and the visuals and went, "Yup, those fit together. Chrono-Ranger is probably Plague Rat's nemesis" and we gradually lost the "probably".

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

UXM266
UXM266's picture

LCinn wrote:

I have often wondered how a time-travelling ranger would end up being the nemesis of plaguerat (how come we've known about chrono ranger's name such a long time? Did they spoil it?). I love the answer, it's a really cool hero-villain relation, different from the usual.

His name was mentioned in one of the Plague Rats quote, and his face appeared on same card.

Also, he wants REVENGE! giant rats took his arm, and when he heard of a giant rat terrorizing the world? Well, he coulnd't give up the opportunity!

TheSoundOfTrees

"Time travelling cowboy hunting creatures of legend to prevent them from conquering the world in the far future" is a very good pitch for a comic book line.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

The first paragraph of update 23 ends with "AND A TIME-TRAVELING ONE-ARMED BOUNTY HUNTING COWBOY!"

So THAT'S why I think he has one arm.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector