The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Chicago/Las Vegas FLGS

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drakossozh
Chicago/Las Vegas FLGS

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forums :(

Hello there! Drakossozh here, from the Philippines :) I will actually be headed to the US this coming month of June, and I was hoping to visit some FLGS during my stay. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the areas I will be visiting. Thus, the question. Can anyone suggest any FLGS in Chicago and Las Vegas? Preferably those easily reachable by bus/train/cab/whatever. FLGS are very rare here in our country :( so I was hoping I could get my fill of games when I visit. Yey!

Also, a follow up! Playing board games in a FLGS is a thing, right? Like, with just random people you meet in the store? Do they charge you to play there? Do you have to buy the game or bring the game over to the store to play? How is it done? Sorry, I am very much unfamiliar with this whole thing >___<

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

There are several stores in Chicago, and it sort of depends where you are staying.

DIce Dojo is right next to a train stop, and has a huge area and selection to play games. They ahve different events each night, but Wednesday in Open Boardgaming with a rather large turnout each week.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Let me know if you decide to go to the Dice Dojo. I live nearby and go on Wednesdays more often than not. I've been meaning to post pictures in the Photos-of-My-FLGS thread, but I've been indisposed the last few weeks.

Drakossozh

Hm. Seems cool! I'll try to swing by, I'll definitely message you if I do! Thanks so much!