The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Chicagoland players?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
jsbuddy
Chicagoland players?

I wanted to know if we have some Chicagoland players here on the forum. If so I would like to join up for some gaming.

drakeparallel

Yes. My whole family plays, so feel free to contact me. Plus, if you stop by The Gaming Goat in Schaumburg (1115 North Salem Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60194) at 7pm Wednesday nights, I can pretty much guarantee you a game or two with several of the regulars there.

VanceMadrox
Playtester

I'm in northwest Indiana myself and play with my local guys fairly often.

The Conscience
Playtester

While I am not technically in the Chicagoland area I would like to get together with more people to play this most awesome of games. I might have to make the trek out that way one day and do just that.

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

Wow, I live in Schaumburg.   I usually have difficulty making time in advance, but I will have to make it out to that Games Store one of these days.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chicago is probably close enough to St. Louis that if one of you arrange some store game days, you have a chance of talking Christopher into a visit.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

jsbuddy

Thanks for all the replies. I need To stop by The Gaming Goat since I am in Hanover Park.

drakeparallel

Well, we had a great time last night. First, we had two four-player games (against Ambuscade in the Ruins of Atlantis and Apostate in Megalopolis) and then one giant 7-player game against The Chairman in Rook City. The first games were fairly quick, but that last one was epic, and a very near thing: at the end, three players were incapacitated and the rest all below 10 hit points.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I don't have that much free time, but I am in Skokie. My comic/game store is Pastimes (pastimes.net). They are huge in Magic (they run the Magic event at Gencon), but they are trying to get some more board game nights in.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

I'm going to try and make it to the Gaming Goat this Wednesday, should be close to 7 o clock, depending on how work goes.  Hope to see some people there and maybe get in a game or two.

Gnipp
Playtester

I'm out in New Lenox(near Joliet).  We don't really have a store to play at, but I do run a once a month game night at the local library if anyone is interested.  The next game night is March 19th 5:3-7:30 at the New Lenox Library.  http://www.newlenoxlibrary.org/

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

Hey what do you know I did make it out to the Gaming Goat and we did have a great 6 player game where the Ennead stomped on us.  Talk about the perfect storm for the villain in the first two turns.  We fought valiantly but to no avail.  Hoping to have Shattered Timelines for the next Game Night (post KS order).  Unfortunately I can't make it next week, but I'm hoping to become a semi-regular, maybe every other week.  Just a great board game night atmosphere and experience, anyone in the area should check it out.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Are any of you Chicago locals doing C2E2?  My wife, a friend, and I may make it this year, and I tend to lose interest in box-diving in the dealer hall after a few hours.  I'd definitely be up for a game or two.

drakeparallel

Gnipp wrote:

I'm out in New Lenox(near Joliet).  We don't really have a store to play at, but I do run a once a month game night at the local library if anyone is interested.  The next game night is March 19th 5:3-7:30 at the New Lenox Library.  http://www.newlenoxlibrary.org/

I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but please keep posting here, because I would love to join you in April or May.

And it looks like we will have Shattered Timelines at the Gaming Goat in Schaumburg this Wednesday the 20th.

Gnipp
Playtester

I better post the dates just in case I forget.

April 16th, 2013

May 21st, 2013

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

Are any of you Chicago locals doing C2E2?  

What is C2E2?  Sorry, i'm not familiar with the acronym.

Also, my job took me out of town last week, but I should be there this werk.  And New Lenox isn't too far, I will keep those dates on my radar.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It is a comic convention at McCormick place that started a few years ago. http://www.c2e2.com/

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Gnipp
Playtester

i will not be attending.  Doen't work with my schedule.  But I hear it's fun.

Gnipp
Playtester

Just a reminder.  We will be meeting up to play some games at the New Lenox Library on April 16th from 5:30-7:30.

Hope to see some new faces there this month!!!

jsbuddy

Totally missed the game at new lenox. I need to watch the forum more. :(

jsbuddy

Hey NAL0781 and drakeparallel want to try to get a game going this summer?

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

Wow, totally missed the end posts here several months ago, but I am open to getting together for gaming most weekends as long as I know a week or so in advance.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Is anyone here in Chicago proper? I'll be playing tomorrow night with some folks at the Dice Dojo if anyone's interested.

NAL0781
NAL0781's picture
Playtester

I work in Chicago, near O'Hare.  Will have to make it to a game night soon, my work schedule has cut into a lot of my time during the week.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

I'm in Minneapolis, but have been debating a trip to Chicago whenever I could afford it.  (How's the job market out there?  Nobody in the Twin Cities seems to want to hire a data entry grunt.)  I guess having a SOTM community would be more reason to make the trip....

(How exactly did someone do a 7-player game?)

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"