The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Challenge: Arena Champions

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Sorry about that.  I don't like editing when I'm on my phone, and I tend to forget once I'm back at my computer.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Sorry about that.  I don't like editing when I'm on my phone, and I tend to forget once I'm back at my computer.

No worries. Hopefully I didn;t come off too demanding or mean. I woudln't have noticed if my score wans't there (selfish, I know). But thansk for all the work!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

fabikw

This is my extra close victory:

robb8888

Nepycros wrote:

Perfect lockdown. Take Down happens to be an Ongoing, which Mental Divergence can infinitely recycle. Not only that, but Argent Adept helps Legacy to draw AND play Take Down out of turn. Legacy becomes immune to Melee damage, Wraith reduces all the damage the environment deals to 0, and then picks them off with some heavy damage powers. So the Villain cannot play cards or deal damage, and the environment cannot deal damage. In the Final Wasteland, with 4 Heroes, the maximum damage they could deal is 3, making 3 Mega Computers comfy. It's normal to accumulate ~7-9 tokens per round using this strategy, though once the combo is set up, make sure you turn off automatic drawing, and only draw when Legacy needs to get his Take Down; if you draw your whole deck, you can't use the Library's effect to play more Environment targets for Wraith to mow down for Favor.

How do you keep Kaargra alive long enough to accumulate 120 favor?  To reduce her damage, I've been hitting her with double Stun Bolts....unfortunately, the Targeting Computer is attached, which means she doesn't stick around long.  Only managed to be up 54-7 when she died.

Nepycros

Next Evolution + Lead From the Front. Immunity to melee means she literally cannot do damage.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

He's not dealing damage to her. That's what the environment is for.

robb8888

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

I'm not sure that's correct.  He references having three Mega Computers in play, and says, "So the Villain cannot play cards or deal damage, and the environment cannot deal damage. ."  I'm assuming that the way he has Kaargra not able to deal damage is Wraith Stun Bolting her (or Throat Jabbing her), since he's using Visionary to keep re-spawning Take Down.  

In any event, if the environment *is* consistently damaging her, that still gives rise to the same issue:  Keeping Kaargra alive long enough to accumulate vast amounts of favor.

Blackfang108
Playtester

robb8888 wrote:

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

I'm not sure that's correct.  He references having three Mega Computers in play, and says, "So the Villain cannot play cards or deal damage, and the environment cannot deal damage. ."  I'm assuming that the way he has Kaargra not able to deal damage is Wraith Stun Bolting her (or Throat Jabbing her), since he's using Visionary to keep re-spawning Take Down.   In any event, if the environment *is* consistently damaging her, that still gives rise to the same issue:  Keeping Kaargra alive long enough to accumulate vast amounts of favor.

As mentioned earlier in the thread:

Next Evolution (Legacy is immune to one damage type) and Lead From The Front (Redirect Villan Target generated Damage to Legacy) make her impotent.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I wasn't clear. The environment is for generating favor, not dealing damage.

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

Had a good run today, was a just for fun match. Thought I'd come back and check this out. Didn't know someone broke the system. Anyway, this was good for in the top 5 at one point in time.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835722364

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

And toying with the "break the system" setup and got a crazy number with a similar, but different enough setup:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/96099157749963337/1AAE86F1ABB0F1E6202F552DA8F73FEB14F0CBE9/337150_screenshots_20170109001008_1.jpg

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

At that point Kaargra should just be bowing to you not just look defeated.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pages