The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Case carrying solution

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
tenebrous
Case carrying solution

I mostly play physical sentinels at a weekly game night and usually there is 5 to 10 minutes of walking involved, never enough parking.  While carrying the full case might work the fisrt few times has anyone found a good strap, or other way to hlep carry the case that works for travel?  Just got my tracking for the kickstarted so if the case is easier to manage also let me know.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

If the ground is smooth en route to where you're going, maybe stick it in a wheely-suitcase and drag it?

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Also, the case when full weighs getting on for 35 lbs and there ren't many points you could attach a strap that wouldn't weaken the box. I'd agree with Ameen on getting a wheeled-suitcase for transport. It's what I do. It will have to be a decent sized case, though. The box is biiiiig.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The first thing that came to my mind was a more open structure, like one of those wheeled grocery carts. As Paul mentioned, it would be a big suitcase to be able to fit the box.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

I’m currently using a shopping trolley with the bag removed and straps to keep it in place when moving it from place to place.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

There are fold-down portable dollies that would probably work. Have to get a strap to secure it and something plastic to cover it in case of rain, though. (I walk considerably longer for my game nights, so this is something I've been pondering for a while now...)

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

It's about the same weight and dimensions as my accordion. So I'm just going to get a second accordion, cut off a lot of the upper/front structure, and mount the collector's case to the hollowed out squeezebox.

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

LevelupLeo cut a reusable grocery bag down the sides, making an effective big wide strap you can carry it with. Seems to work well!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

tenebrous

Thanks for the suggestions, I mostly just want to ensure I can play the physical game whenever i can.

lordthanis

A solution I've found that works fantastically for moving the case is one of the IKEA big blue bags.  The box fits almost perfectly (getting the box in or out of the bag is a tight fit), the straps are reinforced, and the weight is distributed evenly enough that I can carry the box one handed.  I'm not sure if you have an IKEA in your area, but I highly recommend the bag for Sentinels transportation.