The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Cards / dollar

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Cards / dollar

What is the ratio of cards / dollar for all cards released up to and including Infernal Relics?

1104 / $85 = 13.0 [1]

What is the ratio of cards / dollar for all cards that will be released for Shattered Timelines and Vengeance?

682 / $50 = 13.64 [2]

The above does not include shipping and assumes that one got all promotions possible during conventions and/or Kickstarters. All prices are rounded up to the nearest dollar.

[1] 1104 = EE cards (578: 10 hero decks x 41; 4 villain decks x 27; 2 env decks x 15) + Rook City (222: 2 hero decks; 4 villain decks; 2 env decks; 2 extra cards for The Operative) + Infernal Relics (228; 2 hero decks; 4 villain decks; 2 env decks; 8 extra cards for The Ennead) + Young Legacy, Alt Wraith, Cosmic Omnitron (2 cards), Mad Bomber Blade (2 cards), Unity, and Ambscade

$85 = $40 for EE + $20 for Rook City + $20 for Infernal Relics + $5 for Unity

[2] Based on standard deck sizes. 

Shattered Timelines - 220: 2 hero decks; 4 villain decks; 2 env decks

Vengeance - 355: 5 hero decks; 5 villain decks; 1 env deck

Dark Visionary, The Freedom Six, The Assistant, Silver Gulch, The Scholar, Eternal Haka, Greatest Legacy, Final Wasteland

$50 = $20 for Shattered Timelines plus $30 for Vengeance

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

FeelNFine
FeelNFine's picture

Puts SotM close to the big name TCG's (much cheeper if you're the kind of person who likes to buy packs).  Thank you for justifying my backing of 170$ with math :P

Is it May yet?

lugaru
lugaru's picture

I remember getting home (from PAX EAST)... opening the box and thinking "wow... now what?". That was a lot of cards.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

What is the ratio of cards / dollar for all cards that will be released for Shattered Timelines and Vengeance?682 / $50 = 13.64 

With the announced second environment deck for Vengeance, this rises to 697 / $50 = 13.94

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:
 [1] 1104 = EE cards (578: 10 hero decks x 41; 4 villain decks x 27; 2 env decks x 15) 

Not that it makes much difference

but think you left out 2 Env decks for EE.

And you forgot Greatest Legacy for Vengeance.

ketigid

You left out Redeemer Fanatic and Horus Ra in your descriptions, but I suspect the card count is right.