The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card Sleeves

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture
Card Sleeves

Alright, so I've noticed some of my sentinel cards are starting to wear. Is there an optimal card sleeve for someone with all the expansions (including WotC)? I want something that won't slide too much, and is a decent price. Maybe somewhere that I can buy in bulk for a discount. Do you think i can get some links to decent but affordable card sleeves? I would like the sleeves to be entirley see through, because the back artwork of a lot of the cards are great

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

https://maydaygames.com/card-game-card-sleeves.html

https://maydaygames.com/card-game-premium-card-sleeves.html

Either of these work great. I have the cheaper kind, but would love to eventually afford to sleeve all of my cards using the premium. If you do decide to buy in bulk, they have an AMAZING customer service rep who would definitely work some kind of deal out. They give packs away for leaving reviews and stuff like that, so in my opinion they're the best place to get sleeves.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I know a lot of cheap card sleeves have trouble with sliding around. Is that a problem with the cheaper kind, or not? Also, thank you very much for the suggestion

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

I'm not going to lie, they do have that tendency. But they fit well, it's not like wearing a shirt that's three times bigger than you.

I haven't seen any Ultra Pro equivalents to the premium Mayday sleeves. They can save you a lot of money when you buy in bulk. If anyone has a link to those, it would be helpful.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

And how bad is that tendency? because i have dealt with sleeves that are near impossible to keep together. I'm guessing it isnt that extreme

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

It really only ever happens when I'm shuffling sloppily, or maybe when they're sliding on the table too hard.

You can easily search through your deck without any trouble, and I've never had issues losing the card inside them completely. They just kind of pop out now and then. I've also gotten used to handling them sleeved, so there's that.

If you can afford it, definitely go premium. I'll see about finding Ultra Pro equivalents too.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

You don't need to worry about the ultra pro equivelents. This will work fine. Thank's for your help

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I'm of the opinion that if my cards get enough wear to be unplayable, I'll just buy a new copy of the game. (So far I've only seen minor wear on the black borders and that was easily fixed with a black permanent marker.)

I figure sleeves are way expensive, and I'd rather give more money to >G than to a sleeve company. But that's just me.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

I had a choice to make: pay a ton of cash on premium sleeves, or buy Tactics. The choice was obvious.

I do have all of my cards sleeved currently, but I wanted to upgrade. And btw the cheaper ones come in packs of 100 and I got like 7 free ones from a "buy one get one" sale, among other things.

Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!