The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Card Protection and Storage ... With Card Sleeves They Don't Fit In Cool Box

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
jesterhawk
jesterhawk's picture
Card Protection and Storage ... With Card Sleeves They Don't Fit In Cool Box

Hello,

Ok, I went and found my old card sleeves that I had back from my MTG, GOT, and other CCGs.  I had almost enough to cover all the cards I have so far.  The problem is now that I have the cards in sleeves, they no longer fit in the awesome cool box.  So, how does everyone keep their cards protected and store them?

Thanks,

JH

---------------------------------

P.R.Aquilone

http://patrickaquilone.com

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Mayday brand 63.5 X 88 sleeves.  Premium would be worth it, as many cards stick up out of the sleeves, otherwise.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

Reckless wrote:

Mayday brand 63.5 X 88 sleeves.  Premium would be worth it, as many cards stick up out of the sleeves, otherwise.

That actually depends on which printing of the EE you have.  I've been told that newer versions of the EE have/will have the cards cut to the correct height.

Reckless
Reckless's picture

I was referring more to the fact that regular Mayday sleeves aren't always consistent length-wise, but there is also a minor difference in card height.  They seem to fit Infernal Relics and Promo cards best, followed by Rook City, and fit worst in the EE.  I had the same issue JH is having when I sleeved my cards in penny sleeves.  I much prefer having my cards fit in the box with slightly-too-small sleeves rather than my box not closing all the way.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I use the same sleeves as Reckless up there. Also, as far as boxes go...

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/aimless-bragging-my-sentinels-box-2863

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

jesterhawk
jesterhawk's picture

The Container Store has a clear card case (http://www.containerstore.com/shop/toyStorage/boxesCases?productId=10003484&N=80471) that works for the cards with sleeves with one problem.  If you put the cool separators from the EE box then the lid doesn't fit.  But I think I might go with this and not use the lid.

It would be cool, as I have seen mentioned, if GTG came out with both SotM card sleeves and a box that will fit EVERYTHING.  Might be something they do in the future.  :)

BTW, keep any suggestions you have coming as what I am presently doing is not optimal at all.

Thanks

JH

---------------------------------

P.R.Aquilone

http://patrickaquilone.com

Reckless
Reckless's picture

jesterhawk wrote:

It would be cool, as I have seen mentioned, if GTG came out with both SotM card sleeves and a box that will fit EVERYTHING.

The EE box will hold every card, including Promo decks and Character cards, up to Infernal Relics in Mayday sleeves.  It will not fit tokens if the cards are sleeved, however.  I dunno if I really want Sentinels card sleeves, as I like the unique backs to each deck (and making sleeves for each hero deck would be a bit of a ripoff, in my opinion).  Shattered Timelines should be able to fit into Vengeance (when they are released) just fine, so that's when you may want to invest in a bigger box if you want everything to fit in one container.  It sounds like you've found an interesting alternative to the EE box, but I would highly recommend using the Mayday sleeves.  The Sentinels box is a really nice piece to show off to new players, and the tokens can easily be stored in a dice bag.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I've been using Fantasy Flight's 63.5 by 88 mm sleeves. At least, that's how they are labeled. Just measured one and it's actually 67 x 94 mm.

The sleeved cards don't come anywhere close to fitting in the EE box.

They feel really nice, though.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

that's because you are using MAyday Standard. Mayday PREMIUM are the right size, and are really the only ones you should use.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

awmiller
awmiller's picture

I use exclusively KMC Perfect Size sleeves for everything, and the entirety of Sentinels fits in the EE box with all of the promos and additional swag from the Kickstarters. The box doesn't quite close because I have all 3 rulebooks (EE, RC, and IE) and the oversized villain cards on top of everything. That being said, it all fits.

Katsue
Katsue's picture

The cheap Ultra-Pro sleeves kind of fit in the box (they all went in, but they bowed out the side), and then as someone suggested I cut out the side inner lining of the box, and now they do fit perfectly in the box. That's with all the expansions and promo cards, and Unity and Ambuscade. Put them in with the top of the cards facing the inside divider and they might all fit without having to cut up the box. The tops will be squeezed, but it's not a big deal.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

awmiller wrote:

I use exclusively KMC Perfect Size sleeves for everything, and the entirety of Sentinels fits in the EE box with all of the promos and additional swag from the Kickstarters. The box doesn't quite close because I have all 3 rulebooks (EE, RC, and IE) and the oversized villain cards on top of everything. That being said, it all fits.

That sounds great. I don't think I'm willing to invest in another 1200 sleeves in order to switch, but if I was buying now, this is probably what I'd go with.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel