The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Can someone sell me on the Foil villains Add on

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester
Can someone sell me on the Foil villains Add on

I am already spending 140 on this game, not sure if i can Make the 30 extra dollar comminted.

I am getting the Heroes Foiled but I feel like that would look cool. AS for villian I find that Foil makes it harder to see on the Table.

I guess my biggest complaint is that i just spent ( a Year Ago) 15 buck on the oversize ones and now They are coming out with foils.

Which side of the Fence are you? What Vauke can these Add.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I'm not getting the foil villains. This is mainly because at $140 I am at the limit of what I can spend on this. I want (and will be getting) the hero foils but I'll only pick up the foil villain pack if it's available through retail, and that only if I can spare the money. The key reason I am getting the hero foils is the new artwork for the hero character cards. Those won't be in the variant pack, and I want them. If there were content in the villain foil pack that I didn't have I'd be more inclined to get it.

Bas

Same here. Furthermore, I do not care about foil (it generally does not enhance the artwork) and I'll not go for an expensive pack just to have a significant errata on one villain that needn't have it in the first place (see the original promo text).

ChronoRanger_101
ChronoRanger_101's picture

I really considered getting the foils for both. But here's the conclusion I came to. If I got the foils of either I would most likely either not play with them or put them in sleeves to be played with, which would be more to pay for. I'd be pushing my limit to get the foil heroes, which I considered mainly just so something would come sooner than a year. Instead of paying the additional 60 dollars for those, I'll pay an additional 40ish dollars for the mini packs I don't have. I guess what it comes down to is, this game can milk you for whatever you want to put into it, just a matter of figuring what you want to prioritize if you can't or shouldn't get it all. 

skoticus
skoticus's picture

I'm all about playability. Not getting any of the extra packs this time because they dont add anything to the game. (I've got all the original promos). So, I get that come people are into collecting things, and foil is for those, but I'm for playing. So no foil for me. 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I am getting the foil heroes, and I intend to sleeve them and let people play with them if they want.

I think that is really cool, and there isn't a lot of words on the hero cards for foil to distract from.

I'm not getting the Villain ones, because I don't like oversized sleeved cards, so I won't want to use them, so why would I get them?  Also it won't have the team villain cards and that is a slight annoyance.

Basically if you want big shiny cards get them, otherwise don't.

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

A little backof the envelope math tells me that my pledge (which does include the foil Villains) is equal to 1/27th of what I'll spend on my wife's two hobbys this year. So while they're expensive and add nothhing to the game play, I'm getting them. Sentinels is my thing. I don't need the foil Villains. But I want them. That's enough justification for me.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

masterfwiffo

My deciding factor was the nifty box.  I plan to use both foil box sets as my selection tool for the game, because it will look cool.

skoticus
skoticus's picture

Yak Guardian wrote:

A little backof the envelope math tells me that my pledge (which does include the foil Villains) is equal to 1/27th of what I'll spend on my wife's two hobbys this year. So while they're expensive and add nothhing to the game play, I'm getting them. Sentinels is my thing. I don't need the foil Villains. But I want them. That's enough justification for me.

LOL.

I have the opposite problem...I am slightly addicted to Kickstarting board games and sometimes my wife knows and sometimes she doesn't...I figure as long as they are delivered around Christmastime I don't need permission on all of them because then I can just "give them to her" for Christmas... Which is also why I am only getting the game this time around---no extra packs, no storage box.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Haha, I guess the answer to your Topic Question is, "No. No one can."

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Might get better/more positive answers from the kickstarter comments. 

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I've never thought of it. I went in for signed stuff so I was getting all that anyways

jackswann
jackswann's picture

I will be getting the foil villains and the foil heroes, because Shiny things. Also the box in which the villains comes looks great, and would sit nicely along the collector's case.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm fully planning to play with the foil cards. I did it with Magic, so why not? I like shiny things... cool

Chaosmancer wrote:

I've never thought of it. I went in for signed stuff so I was getting all that anyways

I might be misunderstanding you, but the signed level doesn't include the foil villains add-on, right?

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The update said you had to back the Entire Multiverse or Everything Everer level to get it without having to do an add on cost

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

The update said you had to back the Entire Multiverse or Everything Everer level to get it without having to do an add on cost

Shiny! (Literally, in this case. wink) I completely missed that. Thanks, Powerhound_2000!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Rabit wrote:

I'm fully planning to play with the foil cards. I did it with Magic, so why not? I like shiny things... cool

Chaosmancer wrote:

I might be misunderstanding you, but the signed level doesn't include the foil villains add-on, right?

I added for that, but I never considered whether or not I wanted to foil heroes. I was getting them anyways

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I have a completionist side of me, so if I know that something will only be avalible for a certain time, I will probably get it. I have no clue if these foil villains are gong to be in retail or not (because they didn't do the best job saying if it was or wasn't). But If they are going to keep it in retail, I'll probably drop it and buy it later

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

The box does look wonderful for that oversize foil card.

Can i just get the box to put my current villian in?

I laughed at this.

much0gust0 wrote:

Haha, I guess the answer to your Topic Question is, "No. No one can."

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

VisforYoshi wrote:

I have a completionist side of me, so if I know that something will only be avalible for a certain time, I will probably get it. I have no clue if these foil villains are gong to be in retail or not (because they didn't do the best job saying if it was or wasn't). But If they are going to keep it in retail, I'll probably drop it and buy it later

We have confirmation now, they are limited time. https://greaterthangames.com/comment/135506#comment-135506