The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Caliginous Form (The Sentinels) bug

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
MCPooge
Caliginous Form (The Sentinels) bug

In trying to unlock the Adamant Sentinels variants, I encountered a strange bug with Caliginous Form, Writhe's Signature Ongoing.

First, the card text:

"The first time Writhe would be dealt damage each turn, reduce that damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain target with the highest HP."

Game details:

Grandpa Legacy, Team Leader Tachyon, The Eternal Haka, The Sentinels, Argent Adept vs Ambuscade in The Final Wasteland. Playing on my phone, iOS.

The bug:

Writhe's ongoing appeared to have a very loose definition of "each turn." I was attempting to incapacitate him myself, but Caliginous Form kept redirecting the damage, no matter what. The only way I was able to damage Writhe was when I had Tachyon deal damage to him multiple times during her Play phase (through HUD Goggles and Pushing the Limits).

The situations in which damage was redirected every time:

- Any combination of the following: Legacy played a card to do damage, used a power to do damage, or used a power to give someone else a power to do damage.

- Haka played a card to do damage, then used a power to do damage.

- Any combination of: Argent Adept did damage, gave power uses to do damage, or gave card plays to do damage (whether it was a power and a play to the same character or to different characters).

- Multiple environment targets attempted to do damage to Writhe.

It would appear that the card is redirecting the first time a target would deal damage, for each target, but it is also counting the Play and power phases as separate turns, as well a different character getting an out-of-turn play or power.

If there is anymore information I can give, please let me know and I will do my best.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

If you're playing on Steam, you should be able to pull up the game's logs.  Look under AppData/LocalLow/Handelabra/Sentinels/log.txt  Also, email Handelabra through the contact button on the Credits page.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

MCPooge

As stated in the post, I am playing on my phone, on iOS.

I didn't think to look for a contact button in the game. I am so used to seeing MigrantP here, posting here was my first thought!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

There are some bugs with Caliginous Form we are working on for an update, including this one. Thanks!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island