The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Buckeye Game Fest 2012

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
kirioni
Buckeye Game Fest 2012

Hello Ohio Sentinels Players!

I will be maning a Greater than Games table at Buckeye Game Fest (Sept 20th-23rd) at the Ramada Inn 4900 Sinclair Road Columbus, Ohio 43229. If you are attending and would like to help run demos please send me a private message or post here. I look forward to meeting many more Sentienels fans in a month!

http://www.buckeyegamefest.com/ For registration and Con information.

kirioni

This is only a couple weeks away! Looking forward to meeting the people I have heard will be there! Anyone else willing to help out at the table for an hour or two during the Con to teach new people the wonders of Sentinels of the Multiverse?

kirioni

Check out these Sentinels Events at BGF (http://www.buckeyegamefest.com/bgf-event-schedule/)

September 20th

Time 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics with Richard Launius

September 22nd

Time 2:00PM – 4:00PM
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics with Richard Launius

kirioni

The first two days have been a blur! It has been great to meet so many Sentinels fans as well as see the flame of understanding and enjoyment burst into peoples eyes! The weekend is upon us, and if you are attendung, come buy and say hello, and make sure to meet Richard Launius from 2-4 today at his demo table. Off to Boulster My Allies once again!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Good luck! Save the Multiverse!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

kirioni

Some great news, and some not so great news. First off the first three days have been phenominal! Teaching has been great fun with Baron Blade and Spite as well as Aberscade taking some pretty stiff defeats. This morning the Villian almost stole my voice, but I rallied! Everyone has been so positive and excited about the game, many wanted to buy it on the spot!

And the not so great news, my car has been hit by some of Tempests rogue lighting bolts, or perhaps it was Haka being a bit too enthusiastic when Dino wranging... either way my car has surrendered and I will have to get it 2 hours north of Columbus tomorrow so it can get healed up, hopefully Monday. All this to say I will be unable to Demo tomorrow.

The CABS library does has the first edition as well as Rook City so have no fear if you still attend there will be some Senitnels to be played! When I return to my home town I plan on writing up a more thorough recap (I even took notes!) So look forward to more details in the next couple days! Many thanks again to Christopher and the rest of the Sentinels crew for making this awesome game we all get to enjoy and share!

kirioni

Recap of BGF. First off, thanks for all the people who came out to try the game for the first time, as well as those who stopped by to share how they had JUST gotten their kickstarter packages in the mail!

Thursday

Thursday began at high noon with meeting some of the organizers and getting squared away with Richard Launius demoing. I must say Richard is a down to earth guy, and it shows that he enjoys playing games. A few people stopped by to ask where he was running his demos and I was glad to direct them to the tables.

The first game demo was with some of the CABs regulars, they were excited to learn about the game and encouraged me to take time to play other games. Very welcoming and friendly, and I saw many of them over the next couple days, always a smile. We destroyed Baron Blade and they only had good thigns to say about the game.

The following three games where a blur, taking on Baron Blade as well as Spite in some fun card combos. As a side note, all but one demo turned into a full game, people did not want to stop playing, they wanted to see the Multiverse Saved! and as there were no long lines to demo, I was happy to obligde.

Friday

The tone was very different on Friday, many more tables filled with gamers, a lot more kids as well as some longer games being brought along. Only got a chance to demo two full games, one of which had a little decision making challenge and so lasted a bit longer than the rest. More Enraged Trexes and other fauna and flora falling to the valient heros, and Argent Adept's soothing melodies.

Saturday

The convention was in full form, most tables were full all day, the demos around me were is full form and the din did not let up. I played three games in the morning and when breaking for lunch car trouble struck, cutting the Con to a premature end. In all 15 players got a chance to try the game out for the first time and an additional 8 got a chance to see what is new in the Multiverse, most of which cannot wait for distribution to catch up for the Enhanced Edition.

Thanks to Greater Than Games for helping this happen, as well as my loving wife who allowed this to be part of our wedding Anniversary Vacation :)

And thats all! I hope to be able to attend next year, and would love to have more people to help step demoing to the next level!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks for the recap. How did your voice fare?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

kirioni

Kept my voiceafter Saturday afternoon, hoping it sticks with me.