The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Boxes and Future Expansion Speculation

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture
Boxes and Future Expansion Speculation

So, here's a conundrum.

Currently, I own every deck that's been sold for the SotM game--all the expansions and mini-expansions, as well as quite a few of the promos.

As it sits right now, I have these cards in two boxes:  the SotM EE box (which holds all of the Heroes and the Environments) and the Vengeance box (which holds all of the Villains and oversized villain cards).  I use one of the smaller expansion boxes to hold tokens and promo cards.

Right now, I can probably fit 2 more Hero decks and 2 more Environment decks in my SotM-EE box.  Concurrently, I could probably fit 4 full Villain decks in the Vengeance box.  Or, perhaps, a set of 5 Vengeance-style villains.

I submit to you, ladies and gentlemen:  the next expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse will be the final one, as nothing more will fit in my boxes!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Or we have another mega expansion that gives us a third box to carry around.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Happy Thoughts

I modified a wooden art case to hold four rows of cards. There's plenty of room left, so I say "Keep making more!" :D

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Well, heck--since I've already given my guesses above, I might as well throw out some completely too-early italicised (not boldpredictions for the next/final expansion:

1. Our theme this time will be "unlikely alliances at the End of the World".  I picture something like the final two episodes of Justice League Unlimited, where Lex Luthor joins with Superman to fight Darkseid.
  2. Our heroes will be hero-fied versions of Baron Blade and The Matriarch.  It'd make a nice completion to the Baron Blade arc, and there's already been a ton of foreshadowing regarding The Matriarch as a hero.
  3. Our major villain will be the Cosmic Entity--a Galactus-style world-ending creature, who we'll fight through his Heralds:  something like a SotM version of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  We've already seen him in Nightmist's deck, but he'll be a Vengeance-style villain, but one that you can't directly attack until his Heralds are destroyed.
  4. One of the environments will be The Center of the Multiverse (or something similar), which will play somewhat like the Realm of Discord or the Time Cataclysm--lots of constantly shifting terrain, a handful of targets, but lots of weirdness and unpredictability.
Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Or we have another mega expansion that gives us a third box to carry around.  

"Carry"? Dude, at that point the game is at my place so I just have to open the cupboard.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Confirmed: All of Greywind's friends live in his cupboard. cheeky

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I use the EE box for heroes, the IR/RC box with Vengeance lid for my villains and environments. These are also sleeved and even after adding WotC they should still have room for 2 more heroes and even more space in my villain/environment box. My tokens and oversized cards are in Iris brand cases.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Do you have any Skeletons in your closet?

No, just Macabre Specters.

I'm not sure I will be able to fit any of the WotC stuff in my box and still feel comfortable in removing decks without damaging them, I guess I will have to wait and see.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

The dividers have already taken a beating.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Protecting the dividers with postcard sleeves is my only concession to card sleeving. Highly recommended!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Ooh, good idea! I'll have to start doing that!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Mine only suffer from bending. Not a lot sleeves will do against that :/

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Early on, I was seeing some dings on the card dividers and started using tape on the top to protect them. No issues since I did that.

Bending hasn't been a problem as I don't put anything on top of them. I've only seen that in other folks' sets (or demo sets) when bags of the tokens / HP counters are put on top. I use the large section in the Vengeance box (for now) to avoid that.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)