The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Better Communication + New Content

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
Better Communication + New Content

A while back, I asked people about how frequently they check the GTG website for new news/content, and the general response was "rarely to never". This makes sense, since we've been really infrequent in our content updates and news posts.

Well, as of today, there are several changes that should help mitigate that problem, increasing both our ability to communicate with you awesome people (and a bunch of other people that want to follow along with GTG but not visit this wonderful forum). I made a recent News Post about it on the site (www.greaterthangames.com/news), but here is the summary:

1) Posts to the GTG News blog are now emailed out to our mailing list, and available as an RSS feed.

2) New News Posts and Official Tweets from @GTGamesLLC both now appear on the main site.

3) There is a new Blog, written principally about me, called the GTG Business Blog. It will typically cover general board game industry stuff, and will update every Tuesday and Thursday.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I find this all very exciting. Especially the business section. As an aspiring designer, this is profoundly interesting to me.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

This is excellent Paul. I am also looking forward to the business blogs. Maybe off topic, but I had backed Euphoria on Kickstarter, and the designer of that game has been putting out similar blogs detailing his philosophy and business practices with running Kickstarters which have been very interesting reads. So I am very much looking forward to all of this.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Foote

Yeah, I know Jamie! He's also located here in St. Louis, so he and I have been on some entrepraneurship panels and the like together, and I've read some posts from him that are really excellent! Stonemaier Games is a bit of a different style of board game company from GTG in terms of its organization and goals, so I am sure we'll say similar things on some topics, and different things on others :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'm interested to see what's on your Business Blog; as a small rpg press, I'm very intregued at the differences on our worlds!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@PlatinumWarlock

Cool! Well, take a look and let me know what you think. I'd also be curious about the similarities and differences.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

For those who are interested, the next post is up: https://greaterthangames.com/content/controlling-your-manufacturing-costs

Heckbringer

I'd like to be on the mailing list, but can't find where I need to go to make that happen...

Could you please point me the way? ...and feel free to just add me to the list if that's easy for you to do.

Thanks!

Heck: brought

Heckbringer

Sorry, just found it!

It's available on the page reached by clicking the Home button.

Heck: brought

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'll mention that it also took me some looking around to find where to subscribe. Could you maybe add links to the appropriate place everywhere you mention the existence of the mailing list (eg, at the top of the 'Blogs' page)?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Good idea. Done!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

The new Business Blog post is up: https://greaterthangames.com/content/conventions-part-i-strategic-overview

And that's the last spam for the blog on the forum, at least for a good long while :) I should be updating every Tues and Thurs for the forseeable future; anyone who wants more spam about it and similar things can follow me on Twitter (@GTGPaul).