The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Benchmark released! (And to a lesser extent, Mini-pack 4)

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester
Benchmark released! (And to a lesser extent, Mini-pack 4)

Unless I'm unusually lucky, Mini-pack 4 appears to be released, and with it my favorite hero from Oblivaeon: Benchmark! Happy actuating everybody!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hDo6Kve6HJ5oIqYCn1f7Yx4lzJBJvXTm/view?usp=sharing

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Roger the Alien

The animation for In Medias Res is funny^^

Roger the Alien

I forgot: I love Benchmark. 

Thank you GTG and especially Handelabra. 

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Yes!!

About to play my first game with the new decks after the expansion downloads.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Wooooooot!!!

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

FINALLY! CELESTIAL TRIBUNAL HAS BEEN RELEASED!

(Oh, and the new stuff too, but nice to have everything I actually own physically available digitally :) )

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Still not available on the Amazon App Store (hasn't updated past 2.5.11 yet).  Sometimes I really regret getting the game that way (I had a bunch of credit I had nothing else to do with).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Amazon sometimes takes a bit of extra time, but it should be available there by tomorrow at latest I think.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

FearLord

How about IOS?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, it's available on the Apple App Store.  Looks like everyone but Amazon.

Submit your games here!

FearLord

MindWanderer wrote:

Wasn’t showing up for me initially, but I’ve been able to download it now - however it doesn’t seem to be updating my Season 2 pass now... Seems to stay stuck on 0% or asks me to repurchase it at full cost...

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

FearLord wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

Wasn’t showing up for me initially, but I’ve been able to download it now - however it doesn’t seem to be updating my Season 2 pass now... Seems to stay stuck on 0% or asks me to repurchase it at full cost...

Say yes to that. It will then tell you you already have it and ask if you want to download it for free.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

FearLord

pwatson1974 wrote:

FearLord wrote:
 MindWanderer wrote:

Say yes to that. It will then tell you you already have it and ask if you want to download it for free.

Thanks - it did eventually start downloading, but took an age! Seems to have worked though - just played a game with the mini pack 4 contents - good stuff!

Griff's Dad

Re-downloaded my Season 2 pass on iOS. No changes. No new expansions. Did I do something wrong?

FearLord

Griff's Dad wrote:

Re-downloaded my Season 2 pass on iOS. No changes. No new expansions. Did I do something wrong?

make sure the app updated first. There was an update that was needed and then you should get a prompt that your season 2 pass needs updating when you open the app up.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:
Amazon sometimes takes a bit of extra time, but it should be available there by tomorrow at latest I think.
Still not up.  <Grumble, grumble>

Submit your games here!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Mini-Pack 4 is now available separately on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/467513/Sentinels_of_the_Multiverse__MiniPack_4

Amazon is still lagging, not sure what's up there. It's never taken this long before.

Powerhound_2000

Someone has to delay everything.   Usually it’s iOS that is the problem child.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I keep refreshing the Amazon App page.  The version number doesn't change, but the game's ranking does.  It's fallen from the mid-200's to #319 (in Apps & Games > Games > Adventure) since yesterday morning.  I can't imagine that's related, but it's an interesting coincidence.

John, you sure you didn't forget to push a button or something?  There was that one time.

Submit your games here!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

It's still under review by Amazon. Normally it takes just a couple hours, but it's in their hands. "Your app submission is taking longer than expected to go live. Stay tuned for further updates."

morph147

Now that mini pack 4 is out, curious on what the progress of the void guard expansion is?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Void Guard is in alpha testing.

Blackfang108
Playtester

This was the second best thing that happened for me this week. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Version 2.6 with Mini-Pack 4 is now available on Amazon Appstore. I know it can take some time for the Appstore to update automatically, but it's there! https://www.amazon.com/Handelabra-Studio-LLC-Sentinels-Multiverse/dp/B00OATC2WQ

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, Benchmark is best hero

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Thanks so much for the link MigrantP , I hope getting this problem sorted out didn't ruin your weekend

Sapienta potentia est

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Benchmark and Stuntman are fun to play as.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Gus_Smedstad

McBehrer wrote:

He's the New Standard™. Which is to say, the new baseline - other heroes can, of course, exceed that bar.

Kidding aside, my quick test game made him seem absurdly powerful. He's a bit dependent on setup, but he's functional WAY earlier than Absolute Zero or Bunker, the other two equipment-dependent heroes that come to mind. He's never going to deal out the sort of absurd damage Absolute Zero can when fully set up, or massively heal himself either, but he's more versatile and (as I said) much quicker off the starting blocks. As a power suit guy goes, I think he's just outright better than Bunker. About the only thing he's missing is anything equivalent to the Omni Cannon.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Gus_Smedstad wrote:

McBehrer wrote:

He's the New Standard™. Which is to say, the new baseline - other heroes can, of course, exceed that bar.Kidding aside, my quick test game made him seem absurdly powerful. He's a bit dependent on setup, but he's functional WAY earlier than Absolute Zero or Bunker, the other two equipment-dependent heroes that come to mind. He's never going to deal out the sort of absurd damage Absolute Zero can when fully set up, or massively heal himself either, but he's more versatile and (as I said) much quicker off the starting blocks. As a power suit guy goes, I think he's just outright better than Bunker. About the only thing he's missing is anything equivalent to the Omni Cannon.

Inferno Missile Pod has the potential to be far more damaging than the Omni-cannon.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

I think that's the main difference. Benchmark has a lot of flexible potential, but Bunker is fairly consistent and reliable.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Roger the Alien

bluedarky wrote:

Gus_Smedstad wrote:
 McBehrer wrote:

He's the New Standard™. Which is to say, the new baseline - other heroes can, of course, exceed that bar.Kidding aside, my quick test game made him seem absurdly powerful. He's a bit dependent on setup, but he's functional WAY earlier than Absolute Zero or Bunker, the other two equipment-dependent heroes that come to mind. He's never going to deal out the sort of absurd damage Absolute Zero can when fully set up, or massively heal himself either, but he's more versatile and (as I said) much quicker off the starting blocks. As a power suit guy goes, I think he's just outright better than Bunker. About the only thing he's missing is anything equivalent to the Omni Cannon.

Inferno Missile Pod has the potential to be far more damaging than the Omni-cannon.

I completely agree. 

I played a game vs. Progeny using Benchmark, Stuntman and Knyfe and I had a lot bad luck. Stuntman and Knyfe were incapacitated and Benchmark at low health whereas Progeny was at 3/4 health but I still managed to win.

Sometimes Benchmark started his next turn with more health than his previous turn as he reduced all incoming damage by 1 and he healed at a lot of occasions 2 health. 

I never had a problem to have cards in my hand as he may draw a lot of them or get them back from his discard pile. I could play several cards and use 3 powers each turn. 

I would like to note that I had all 9 hardware cards in play and a lot of software cards, he was a beast. He is much better than AZ and Bunker. 

Regarding his damage output, lets have a look: https://imgur.com/a/sYEWI2a

I buffed all of his damage by his own, +2. If I used a power 1 damage was dealt. If I played a software card 2 damage was dealt to Pregeny. Eypecially his Inferno Missile Pod had 10 cards and each dealt 1 damage which was buffed by +2. The missiles on their own are capable to deal 30 damage as he has a lot of possibilities to discard cards. An environment card even reduced the fire damage of the missiles by 1 but Progeny was utterly destroyed (look at the picture I posted).

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:

Version 2.6 with Mini-Pack 4 is now available on Amazon Appstore. I know it can take some time for the Appstore to update automatically, but it's there! https://www.amazon.com/Handelabra-Studio-LLC-Sentinels-Multiverse/dp/B00...

It was actually up Saturday morning.  Had to clear my Amazon app data to force the download, but I've played a mess of games so far.

Something I wasn't expecting: the word I'd most use to define both new heroes is "inconsistent."

Benchmark has so many unique cards, he can never be sure of getting anything in particular.  Every game with him will be very different; it's hard to use a strategy in advance.  Sometimes you get nice combos, sometimes you don't.  Thematically it makes sense--he's sort of an Inspector Gadget-type, with a lot of useful tools but not a lot of experience--but it can be frustrating at times.  It does add replay value, though.

Stuntman is heavily dependent on getting either Lance-Flammes or Pistolet-Mitralleur.  His base power has its uses, but is usually vastly inferior to those.  Sky-Scraper and her Micro-Assembler can be his best friends.  He also has a lot of cool things to do that may or may not be what you really want.  I've only drawn In Medias Res three times out of a dozen or so games, and in none of them was I able to use it to particularly good effect.  So he's also very swingy--can be a lot of fun but is often just going through the motions.

Submit your games here!

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

So when can we expect that Season 2 Pass sale? Eh? Ehhh???

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I noticed two achievements on steam... i'm curious when variants will be available 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Powerhound_2000

Handelabra has announced that it will be live after their stream Tuesday. 

MindWanderer wrote:

Stuntman is heavily dependent on getting either Lance-Flammes or Pistolet-Mitralleur.  His base power has its uses, but is usually vastly inferior to those.  Sky-Scraper and her Micro-Assembler can be his best friends. 

They are nice options especially if you have a case where you get multiple power uses but I haven’t found them to be critical.  If you find yourself dependent on it you’ll be in for a rough time as there are only two copies of each and the only search built in is through the Stylish Armour

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

much0gust0 wrote:

Season 2 is already on sale.  The price will be raised to its final value once OblivAeon is released.

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

Stuntman is heavily dependent on getting either Lance-Flammes or Pistolet-Mitralleur.  His base power has its uses, but is usually vastly inferior to those.  Sky-Scraper and her Micro-Assembler can be his best friends. 

They are nice options especially if you have a case where you get multiple power uses but I haven’t found them to be critical.  If you find yourself dependent on it you’ll be in for a rough time as there are only two copies of each and the only search built in is through the Stylish Armour

I don't think they're critical per se, but they're really, really good.  Stuntman is vastly more effective when he has one of those out.  Which is why I say he's inconsistent.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Handelabra has announced that it will be live after their stream Tuesday. 

Thanks!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

much0gust0 wrote:

Season 2 is already on sale.  The price will be raised to its final value once OblivAeon is released.

You sure? Season 1 is constantly going on sale, but even without that, it's less expensive that Season 2. It's actually going to rise higher than $25 in the coming months? 

Powerhound_2000

Yes, this is from 2016 but the answer hasn’t changed that I know of https://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/343787920123011543/#c343787920124363223

MigrantP wrote:
The core game periodically goes on sale.    Season Pass 1 was on a perpetual discount at $20 until all its content was available, and now it's at its regular price of $25; the sum of its parts individually is $26.    Season Pass 2 is on a perpetual discount at $25 until all its content is available; its regular price will end up being closer to $30, as the sum of its parts will be $32.   The store page showing $145 for all DLC is a bug as mentioned above, we'll see if Valve can fix that up for us.
  its possible after everything is out it might have a different sale but that’s up to Handelabra  

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I'm not sure if this is a bug:

Santa Guise uses Requital Captain Cosmic's power (from Representative of Earth, not that it matters).  This puts Lemme See That in play.  Guise borrows Benchmark's Secondary Cannon.  When all three cards have been played, Secondary Cannon is triggered.

Since Secondary Cannon wasn't in play at the time Guise activated (CC's) power, should Secondary Cannon have activated?  I think not, but I'm not 100% sure.

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Items that trigger from power use only care that is finished so this seems correct to me shouldn’t matter if it came out in the middle of the power.