The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Basic question on Missions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SwiftBot
Basic question on Missions

(mild spoilers)

I have a very simple question about all mission/reward cards, that doesn't seem to be addressed in the rulebook.

When a mission card flips, is the reward put in my hand? Is it put in my play area?

Is the answer different depending on what type it is?

So far, an internet search has turned up a few posts that hint at rewards going to hand except for targets, and a Kickstarter page from before release that suggests one-shots should go in my hand but all others directly into play. So I'm seeing many different possibilities, and nothing to clarify what rule was actually intended by the designers.

Can someone clarify this for me?

I have to say, I love Sentinels and I'm really looking forward to trying Oblivaeon... I'm just disappointed that such a basic game rule is not covered in the rulebook! I imagine it seems obvious to some, but it is not obvious to me. When a card has so many different states it could be in, it really helps to have a clear explanation of how those states change. 

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

When a Mission Card flips it stays in play in your play area (since there is no direction to move it anywhere else).

The Mission "To Hope For the Dawn" is an exception to this rule since it explicitly says "flip this card and put it in your hand.:

SwiftBot

Ah I see, thanks! I'd assumed there were other one-shot cards among the rewards.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You do exactly what the card says, and no more - flip it (except for one card that says to move it to your hand, so you do that). If you were to move it somewhere else, it would say so. The rulebook says to do what cards say to do, so I think that covers this =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island