The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

August 13th, 2013 -- GtG at Arsenal in Indianapolis

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
August 13th, 2013 -- GtG at Arsenal in Indianapolis

Christopher and Adam are planning to be at Arsenal on Tuesday, August 13th, some time after 5pm.

Sorry about the ambiguity in the timing, but this is going to be a pretty informal, thrown-together at the last minute thing. Through what, as far as I can tell, is some sort of fluke and/or miscommunication, Arsenal had 'Greater Than Games creators' on their schedule for Tue the 13th. That surprised me, so I asked Christopher about it and Christopher said that he didn't know about it, but there's no reason they _couldn't_ get into town early enough to do it, so they will.

Please give a shout if you think you can make it, but also feel free just to show up. 

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

*Checks date*

arenson9 wrote:

Christopher and Adam are planning to be at Arsenal on Tuesday, June 13th, some time after 5pm. Sorry about the ambiguity in the timing

I'll say

EDIT: Obviously living in England means I'll be missing this one but I figure posting to tell you that the date is way off is a good thing to do in this thread regardless!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Great googly moogly?! What is wrong with my brain. AUGUST 13th.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

BTW, Matchstickman, when I see you in London in October, are you going to be cosplaying as a Sentinels character, or perhaps as someone who wields a bat?

Huttj
Huttj's picture

I'll be there, if only to say "Hi and thanks", and play a round or 2 with folks since I'm sure there will be SOMEBODY there who likes the game and isn't busy. :-)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I really wish I could make it, but this week is going to be out-of-control at work. sad

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Nick and I are coming. Possibly Emily. And possibly a couple people I work with.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

I am coming and the guys I brought this week will also probably be there. Thanks for getting it all straightened out Andy!

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

bessyrocks12
bessyrocks12's picture
Playtester

Had a great meetup with Christopher and Adam at Arsenal Tuesday. Over 25 people playing on 5 tables! Too many games to keep up with, but had a couple of great matches, including a overly agressive Omnitron with at Tomb of Anubis at 9 trials. Slow start for the heroes, but Tachyon souped up on bursts and Chrono Ranger hitting for 10 a turn with his Compound Bow took him down 46 in two turns. Second game was not nearly as hard against Apostate with heavy damage being dealt every turn. I know everyone at Arsenal had a great time.

BuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBuddaBudda

“Heh, pow. Sound effects are the best.” –The Idealist

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We got to see The Chairman taken out by a Portal Fiend.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

We got to see The Chairman taken out by a Portal Fiend.

You got to see the game played wrong?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman, I don't see why that's implausible?  The Portal Fiend (from Realm of Discord) deals the non-environment target with the second-highest HP a bunch of damage.  No reason The Chairman couldn't have been that target.

Update: Oops, The Chairman is immune to Environment cards.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

dpt wrote:

Matchstickman, I don't see why that's implausible?  The Portal Fiend (from Realm of Discord) deals the non-environment target with the second-highest HP a bunch of damage.  No reason The Chairman couldn't have been that target.Update: Oops, The Chairman is immune to Environment cards.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Yes, we apparently screwed up.