The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Any ideas/speculations what Variants will be in the next Mini-Expansion?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Praion
Any ideas/speculations what Variants will be in the next Mini-Expansion?

Apart from the Scholar of the Infinite of course. 

It's likely we would get the Freedom 6 variants with Shattered Timelines so who else could we get? 
Maybe Prime Warden Tempest and Haka? They have no variants yet. 

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I would expect The Eternal Haka given the Final Wasteland will be the environment.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

waedens
Playtester

Have they posted the new general schedule for when they are going to be launching new content? The multiplayer is great, but I am more excited about adding content to the game. 

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

The January announcement said early Summer for Infernal Relics (check), summer for Mini-Pack 2 (falling behind, but multiplayer was a higher priority), and farther down for some other things. 

Multiplayer has taken longer than I think they anticipated. I'm more excited for Shattered Timelines than anything except Vengeance.

http://handelabra.com/blog/2015/1/15/consider-the-price-of-victory

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Actually this is the most recent post they had about timelines for expansion releases http://handelabra.com/blog/2015/4/7/rook-city-release-date-update-on-fut... 

It did still list Mini Pack 2 for summer release and multiplayer essentially took up that time.  I'm sure they'll release another schedule after multiplayer release but if they go at their normal pace I would just move the expected release dates to the next season.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

waedens
Playtester

I would expect the lag to increase a little bit with each expansion as each one introduces new mechanisms and twists that they need to cross check against the old content. Obviously even if there weren't new game mechanics the play testing of every combination of heroes because increasingly complex. I could be completely wrong though as I am not in the business and there may be tools and short cuts I don't know or understand. 

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

waedens wrote:

I would expect the lag to increase a little bit with each expansion as each one introduces new mechanisms and twists that they need to cross check against the old content. Obviously even if there weren't new game mechanics the play testing of every combination of heroes because increasingly complex. I could be completely wrong though as I am not in the business and there may be tools and short cuts I don't know or understand. 

In part, what's been done before helps, probably the most complicated elements will be Miss Information's front side not being a target, Abandoned Hero, and Unforgiving Wasteland as most of the other things in the decks have already been implimented.

Conversely Miss Information's front side lays the groundwork for Kaagra Warfang's front side making Wrath arrive a slight bit faster.

Powerhound_2000

Each Hero, villain, and environment add their own wrinkles.    In this one as bluedarky pointed out is with Unforgiving Wasteland and Isolated Hero.   Shattered Timelines will have one of the bigger cards I see requiring a lot of testing is Fixed Point.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Natediggadoggity

I could see the Scholar getting fiddly to code since his elemental forms aren't limited, and working out what happens when he stacks them all on top of each other.

Another possible hero variant would be Kvothe Six-String, the Argent Adept Variant. After that the only Variants that that haven't been mentioned in this thread (or Vengeance related) are the Freedom Six (Shattered Timelines) and the Prime Wardens (Wrath of the Cosmos) Chrono Ranger doesn't count, because he's also in Shattered Timelines.

Guise, Omnitron X, Parse, and Skyscraper don't have variants yet, I wonder if any of them will get one before Mini-Pack 3 is released.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I don't think that the forms should be too fiddly.  Yes, they stack, but so does everything else.  Two Liquid forms shouldn't be any harder to program than two Phosphorescent Chambers, and two Energy forms are the same as two Backlash Fields.  The only new thing that he does is we've never had anything that triggers off of healing before.  But we have plenty of damage triggers, so unless they coded healing significantly differently than they coded damage then there shouldn't be any problems.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The latest estimates are always kept up to date on our website here:

http://sentinelsdigital.com/buysotm.html

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000

Missed that one on the page.  Good to know.  

morph147

based off my extensive programming background and the program's I create, for text only and no pictures or cosmetics, in their toolbox should take 24 hours max to write the code for each deck for how they think it should run. Then 2 weeks of play testing that deck repeatedly in combos of every deck played at least 3 times with as much of all the cards playing as possible. During those two weeks the cosmetic stuff can be added in. Then once all decks are hopefully programmed, another 2 weeks of testing along with any new features they want to add. From there it's a submission to Apple to wait two more weeks and some more play testing. So depending on how many people they have building the decks and play testing an individual deck speeds up what is going on. 

Therefore since I am hoping they have made the decks while testing multiplayer, and there is only 3 in the pack, I am guessing we should see our first demo deck on the stream this Tuesday, this coming weekend if they do any special streams for the anniversary, or the following Tuesday. Then based off a complex algorithm of release dates based off past ones called MigrantP is secretly stalking me and sets up releases the week after I go on a trip and have a bunch of downtime to play.... It will come out the last week in November or beginning of December. 

p.s. Kidding on MigrantP stalking me but not about them releasing it the week after I get back from downtime trips.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

My guess is that the first demo of mini pack 3 on the livestream will occur after the multiplayer release.