The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Any advice on assembling the figures to the stands?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
runatyr
Any advice on assembling the figures to the stands?

Hey all. 
It seems odd.

I go to attach the figures to their bases....
but the holes drilled for them appear to be larger on one side than the other (albeit slightly).

They don't seem to stay or fit in the drilled holes well.. and on the side they do.... the name of the base is upside down.

Are we expected to glue them in ?

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
runatyr

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sure the answer, but I did want to say, "Welcome to the forums!"

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We always glue our figures in the bases when we use them for tournaments. I find that gel-style superglue works very well.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, I've glued mine. The only reason you might not want to (that I can think of) is if you haven't painted them but plan to. 

But use the glue sparingly! It doesn't take much, and it's really easy to mark up the clear bases if we use too much...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Zap-a-Gap! You'll find this in any hobby or game store. It's 100% the best glue for anything involving miniatures ever.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote