The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Another Apple(?) bug - got both Villians achievements without doing anything

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
schadkehnfreude
schadkehnfreude's picture
Another Apple(?) bug - got both Villians achievements without doing anything

While playing and restarting Team Villians game the didn't involve Parse or Kismet, I got the notice for doing the Achievements for both.  I didn't get the fanfare in-game, it was my iPad telling me I got the achievements upon restarting my crashed game.  I now have access to Fugue Stae Parse and Tricky Kismet.  

See screenshot below.  Anyone else getting this?

Attachments: 
schadkehnfreude
schadkehnfreude's picture

Screenshots below of Fugue Parse and Tricky Kismet

Attachments: 
Reverend Pete

I randomly received the achievment for Trickster Kismet while continuing a game after a crash...but Trickster Kismet isn't unlocked for me. Just got the achievement.

Reverend Pete

Aaaaand now Trickster Kismet is available for me.

In the game after my phantom acheivement, I defeated Kismet in the Block with Parse, Setback, Expat and Fixer....I did NOT get a screenshot saying "you unlocked a variant."

But now Trickster Kismet is available for me to use.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

This looks like a bug with the achievement syncing code (it's been modified in this release to try to prevent some crashing bugs caused by Unity). We'll look into it for a patch.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Roger the Alien

Hi John, 

I use an iPad Air 2, the newest version of iOS and Sotm. 

My iPad doesn't use a jailbreak, it wasn't bought used. 

I have almost 35 GB space left and if I use Sotm often no other apps are open in the background, maybe Safari. 

I can't remember that I ever had a crash using Sotm but using this version I have approx. 2 crashes a day. 

It always happens shortly after I open the app, no matter what I do. 

Some minutes ago I opened the app after a crash and I received the achievement for Omnitron-U. 

PS. I assume there is no way to reset it and the screen for unlocking it (again) will never appear, correct?

EDIT: I deleted the app and installed it again. Maybe this information matters, Omni-U can't be selected but I still have the achievement. 

Roger the Alien

Reverend Pete wrote:

Aaaaand now Trickster Kismet is available for me.

I had the same bug related to Omni-U. First I just received the achievement without being able to select him and after a little while he was unlocked.