The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

And so, Sentinels Week Begins...

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester
And so, Sentinels Week Begins...

I am posting a video EVERY day this week (Monday-Saturday) about Sentinels of the Multiverse!

I will likely die from the amount of content I am making for this week. It will be worth watching... Sort of.

Monday: An Announcement video to share and get the folks excited.

Tuesday-Friday: I will be finishing my series explaining all of the Villains in Sentinels (So far, obviously no WotC)

Saturday: Finally, our review of SotM. We've waited for a while on this one... Let's see if it was worth the wait.

Here are the videos as they emerge:

Monday- Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj1ezFvl_lI

Tuesday- Room, I mean Rook City Villains video: http://youtu.be/CDtJ-2n-YHs (Corrections, Matriarch and Tacyhon are Cousins. Spite is neither confirmed nor denied to be a cannibal.)

Wednesday- Intestinal Frolics (Infernal Relics) video: http://youtu.be/jlaA3MCQS4Y (Corrections, Citizen Truth broke Absolution. Also, Apostate didn't rip Fanatic's wing off. I just envisioned that as he throw her to the ground, crumpled with doubt and fear, he tore her wing off to add insult to injury. He didn't and I apologize for inserting my own take on some of these interactions to these videos.)

Thursday- Smathered Lovelimes (Shattered Timelines) video: http://youtu.be/Ed44MBGq-8c (Correction, Iron Legaxy has 32 HP)

Friday- Vegetables (Vengeance) video: http://youtu.be/8xip4n69fI4 (Corrections, read the Youtube description to understand why the video is so poor in editing and quality. Thank you for watching and your support folks, it's been worth the work knowing people were watching.)

Stay tuned and thanks for watching.

"It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick..."

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Looking forward to it.  The videos that is not the dying.......

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

And, the first video is up.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

"Room" City? ;)

Haven't watched the vid yet but just noticed that typo...I'lll go and watch the vid now ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Room City: A city home to a devious criminal organizaion, and where each room is filled with a different unexpected deadly surprise.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

It's like Coruscant, if the whole planet were one big room. And with dog hair on the sofa, the dastards.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Okay, so I actually finished checking my forums and stuff before I watched the video. I was constantly adding mental corrections to your numerous factual errors (Lilian is Tachyon's cousin, for example, not her aunt, and the Chairman starts with his Thugs in the trash, not his Underbosses ;)...also, Spite is a cannibal? First time I've heard that but I'm not ruling out that it may be true and I just missed it somewhere) but I think it gave a pretty good brief run-down of what each villain is about :).

Incidentally, who was that at the end? Someone from the forum?

I am the Wordweaver...

Powerhound_2000

I've seen it stated multiple places now but I still haven't seen where a connection is listed between the Matriarch and Tachyon.  What cards lists that or flavor text lists that?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000

Ok but there is no mention of Tachyon.   Just that the Matriarch should be more like her very successful cousin. 

Powerhound_2000

It helps to make sense of why Tachyon would be her nemesis but I just don't see anything that directly states they are cousins. 

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I think I read it in the manual that came with Rook City, in Lilian's biography there (can't remember if it refers to Tachyon by her "hero name" or her real name, Meredith Stinson).

I am the Wordweaver...

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

I make videos I also make mistakes. 

Watch my other videos to see who that magnificent specimen of humanity is.

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

Okay, so I actually finished checking my forums and stuff before I watched the video. I was constantly adding mental corrections to your numerous factual errors (Lilian is Tachyon's cousin, for example, not her aunt, and the Chairman starts with his Thugs in the trash, not his Underbosses ;)...also, Spite is a cannibal? First time I've heard that but I'm not ruling out that it may be true and I just missed it somewhere) but I think it gave a pretty good brief run-down of what each villain is about :).Incidentally, who was that at the end? Someone from the forum?

Spite heals when some of the victims die... That to me implies he devours them. I have also seen every episode of Criminal Minds three or four times and assume the worst. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

dlott1988 wrote:

Ameena wrote:
Okay, so I actually finished checking my forums and stuff before I watched the video. I was constantly adding mental corrections to your numerous factual errors (Lilian is Tachyon's cousin, for example, not her aunt, and the Chairman starts with his Thugs in the trash, not his Underbosses ;)...also, Spite is a cannibal? First time I've heard that but I'm not ruling out that it may be true and I just missed it somewhere) but I think it gave a pretty good brief run-down of what each villain is about :).Incidentally, who was that at the end? Someone from the forum?

Spite heals when some of the victims die... That to me implies he devours them. I have also seen every episode of Criminal Minds three or four times and assume the worst. 

He drains their life force.

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

dlott1988 wrote:
 Ameena wrote:

He drains their life force. 

That's what the cannibal in Criminal Minds said...

Also, I'm sure I've proven time and time again I'm incapable of getting any of Sentinels correct. So... You know.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

I think I read it in the manual that came with Rook City, in Lilian's biography there (can't remember if it refers to Tachyon by her "hero name" or her real name, Meredith Stinson).

Checked and it isn't there, in any flavor text or bios.

I know it is out there somewhere.  I know they are related.  Just need to find where that came from.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Christopher wrote:

Relationship: they are cousins.  TheJayMann is spot on.

Powers: Tachyon's abilities are based on science and knowledge.  The Matriarch's abilities are based on magic and . . . poetry.

Mechanics: Tachyon and The Matriarch both spam through their decks as fast as they can.  They have similar play mechanics - well, as similar as villain play and hero play can be.

From this thread way back in 2012.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000

I figured it was out there I just hadn't seen that.  Thanks. 

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Of course, they're no longer as similar as villain and hero play can be, since Friction hit the scene. We have reached all new heights of similarity. The future is now!

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

The Infernal Relics video is up! Let's see how many mistakes I can make in this video.wink

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Ronway, I made a note about that not necessarily being true up top.
"Wednesday- Intestinal Frolics (Infernal Relics) video: http://youtu.be/jlaA3MCQS4Y (Corrections, Apostate didn't rip Fanatic's wing off. I just envisioned that as he throw her to the ground, crumpled with doubt and fear, he tore her wing off to add insult to injury. He didn't and I apologize for inserting my own take on some of these interactions to these videos.)"

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Thanks for watching folks. It means a lot.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Just watched the Infernal Relics vid. You pronounce "Akash'Bhuta" very differently to me (I say "ak-ash BOO-tah", for the record ;)), as well as various names of members of the Ennead...I suppose that's one thing about games where everything about them is text-based (including dicussions about them). Now I'm wondering how people pronounce various other names that aren't immediately obvious :D.

It's always cool to hear different people's views on the various decks and stuff. Will be interested to see your future vids :).

I am the Wordweaver...

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

The Shattered Timelines video is posted! One more villainous video then the review, Sentinels Week rolls on!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Just watched it - lol at the bit about Haka Rampaging the Dreamer :D. Iron Legacy has a bit more hp than you said, btw, he has 32, the same as normal Legacy :).

I found the "Evil Logo" quite amusing, btw :).

I am the Wordweaver...

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

Just watched it - lol at the bit about Haka Rampaging the Dreamer :D. Iron Legacy has a bit more hp than you said, btw, he has 32, the same as normal Legacy :).I found the "Evil Logo" quite amusing, btw :).

Thanks and I made a note about the HP.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Is that what that said, I just couldn't quiet read it.

I'm enjoying the videos immensely 

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

Congrats on getting through the videos.  Hopefully you can take a bit of a breather after you release your SotM review.  

dlott1988
dlott1988's picture
Playtester

It has been a very long week. The Vengeance video is posted.

The description on Youtube explains why the quality is so low today.

Thanks for watching and thanks to everyone who contributed to the endplates.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Omg it's me :D.

And another cool video in terms of giving a general run-down on the villains :).

I am the Wordweaver...