The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ambuscade's Reactive Plating

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
btabrisky
Ambuscade's Reactive Plating

So, I think I should have understood this before (in the base game, that is) but does the plating hit back at each target that does damage to Ambuscade the first time during the turn? For example, if each hero does damage to Ambuscade during one turn does each hero get hit with reactive plating or does only the first hero?

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I believe it has been stated that when a card says "The first time <player X> is dealt damage by a target each turn," it reacts for each different target in a single turn.  It just won't react the second time a single target deals damage that same turn.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

btabrisky

TheJayMann wrote:

I believe it has been stated that when a card says "The first time <player X> is dealt damage by a target each turn," it reacts for each different target in a single turn.  It just won't react the second time a single target deals damage that same turn.

Thanks for the clarification. It certainly makes more sense the way you're talking about it.

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

That said, it's not that common for multiple heroes to be doing damage on the same turn. Fanatic's Divine Focus and some of Argent Adept's stuff that lets other players play cards or use powers are the biggest examples I can think of. For the most part Heroes tend to do their damage on their own turns. What you might see more often is all of Unity's golems getting slapped, or a hero redirecting the backlash damage from Ambuscade to himself, which would make the Reactive plating hit itself.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

It's not uncommon for a hero to play a one-shot that deals damage and then to use a power which deals damage, in which case only the one-shot's damage will trigger the plating.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

... and/or able to use multiple damage-dealing powers (Bunker's Turret Mode) / play multiple damage-dealing cards (Tachyon), and/or have start of turn damage from Ongoings / Equipment...

laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

Oh yeah, there's tons of ways for one hero to do damage twice in a turn. I mean, Fanatic has one printed on her character card. I was just talking about multiple targets on a turn becuase that's what btabrisky was asking about.

Also, I was trying to subtly highlight that each hero's turn does in fact count as it's own turn, since the scenario where every hero does damage on the same turn would be such a rare occurrence. (^_~)

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1