The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Adam Rebottaro - Wow, props for Enclave art

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
mori57
Playtester
Adam Rebottaro - Wow, props for Enclave art

Well, all in all, I love all the art I've seen for WotC. but I wanted to say that I think the Kirby-eque art for the Enclave environment looks fabulous and was a great tribute to Jack Kirby. Just wanted to say, "Wow!" and "Thanks for the hard work" that you guys put into this expansion.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Now you're just teasing those of us who haven't gotten the game yet.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Adam has told me that the Enclave is some of the best work he has ever done. I do not disagree with him.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

It is fabulous.  From the Kirby crackle to the slightly faded colors, everything comes together beautifully.

luminaryh

I'm glad you made this thread, because this is what struck me first when looking through all the new cards. I love the Kirby dedication and the Enclave art is fantastic.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I'm glad I saw this thread before starting my own! I was doing my usual "Must look at all the cards now" thing when I had to stop and *really* look at the Enclave art.

Is there a "Facebook worthy" copy of any of the art? I would love to put the one with Legacy and 70s-era Mr. Fixer there and say "See, isn't SotM great?"

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Like this?

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I do like that.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Black fist is rockin' some sweet platforms.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

In Playtesting there was a lot of "what is up with this environment, it seems pointless and wierd," then the proofs came out and it made so much sense and everyone was crazy for it.

Such a great job.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Adam's art is good as always.   The variations of styles in Guise's deck is impressive to me as well

To be honest seeing the artwork was the first thing I looked forward to.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dorktron2000

I'm glad someone made this thread too because the art in Sentinels has become incredible. Sadly, this means that Adam and Co. will have to continue their work on Sentinels well past two years because the game is just getting better and better overall.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

The art has always been good, and getting better, but it's generally been SotM art. It's like a comic book that's had a very long run with the same creative team - Incredible with Kirkman, Walker, and  Oatley  for instance. Then we just got a sample of the same title or the the related title that was done in the 70s. I dont' know -- how about we've been reading Astonishing X-Men with Wheadon and Cassady, then we were given Giant Sized X-Men #1 (which introduced the "international X-Men" with Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc.) from Len Wein and Dave Cockrum.

Christopher - Thanks Much!

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

guybacca

Braithwhite wrote:

I was wondering who that was, my son asked if that was Mr. Fixer back in his golden days.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

guybacca wrote:

Braithwhite wrote:

I was wondering who that was, my son asked if that was Mr. Fixer back in his golden days.

The answer is yes, btw. He used to be called Black Fist.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

McBehrer wrote:

The answer is yes, btw. He used to be called Black Fist.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out the First Appearance entry in Mr. Fixer's bio.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

mori57
Playtester

I firmly believe in the "credit where credit is due," and I can tell a lot of love went in to this deck, in particular. I just hope Adam gets in here often enough to see it. This also makes me sad to realize that the Kickstarter for the Comic didn't go through. 

Yeah, a friend of mine and I were rolling on the floor when we spotted the Liefeld send-up on one of Guise's cards (don't have my cards with me, so I can't remember which one), all huge guns, tiny legs and heads, and monstrously over-sized torso and limbs...

Chris and Paul: Keep giving Adam fun ideas for his art! It seems to get better with every single expansion! :)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

mori57 wrote:

Yeah, a friend of mine and I were rolling on the floor when we spotted the Liefeld send-up on one of Guise's cards (don't have my cards with me, so I can't remember which one), all huge guns, tiny legs and heads, and monstrously over-sized torso and limbs...

And the pouches. Don't forget the pouches! cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

fenianb

Let me add my kudos for the artwork on Enclave of the Endlings. It was a pleasure just to flip through the deck and look at the art. But kudos also to the concept creators and designers as I can see something like it having come from the mind and hands of Kirby. Truly inspired all around.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. This deck especially was a lot of fun to work on, and I'm very glad you like it as much as I do!