The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

I got the unlock using Ra (setting sun), Sentinels (Adamant Medico and Idealist, Reular flavor Writhe and Mainstay), and Captain Cosmic (requital).

I got lucky and laid down Durasteel Chains (via unique capabilities) and Human shield, plus an energy bracer, on the first round. So Mainstay could reduce pretty much all damage by three right off the bat (damage-free requital activations!) Extra power uses from CC let a Cosmic-weapon fueled idealist do decent damage and trigger extra card draw through Medico via Sentinel Tactics, to keep the human shield humming.

Kept everyone alive until Chairman was dead and Operative was on the ropes, then Mainstay threw up his hands, said "you guys take your own damage for a while", and a double-cyclohexane-boosted trisolvent vat finished everyone else off pretty quickly, knocking out the operative last for the unlock.

Sheesh, do Sentinels and CC have some nice synergies, especially with a couple variants.

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I actually accomplished it (with Mainstay being only one left too!)

My setup was Regular Sentinels, Setting Sub Ra, and Dark Visionary.

Writhe and Dark Vis were able to trash Prison Breaks.

A good opening hand is required. But who knew deck manipulation is a good thing! ;)

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

I went with Legacy, TLT, FS Parse, Eternal Haka and regular Sentinels. It took longer than i expected but was a pretty safe plan. Parse got rid of the prison breaks. Used plenty of Haka and Legacy dmg denial. Used critical multiplier to prepare Mainstay for the final strike when i was ready i used lightspeed Barrages to incap my heroes this method should still be quite easy once the bug is patched.

FearLord

Got the unlock! I Kept restarting until Dark Visionary started with a brain burn - pretty simple from that point.

Conchobar

Hmmm. Either the bug has been fixed, or I missed one of the prerequisites. Can’t remember if I had everyone survive this week’s game 

sped13

Just got the unlock using Sentinels, Legacy, the Scholar, PW Argent Adept and Omnitron-X in that order. It made the fight pretty easy with Scholar and Dr. Medico dealing massive damage to the Chairman. Then I let everyone but Mainstay get incapacitated and just had him reduce damage while the environment did the work for me. 

Conchobar

Arrggghhhh!!!!

It took half-a-dozen goes to take down Chairman with just Mainstay left. No unlock? So I come double check. 

I was fighting in Rook City, not Pike!

Turning the app off now so my phone doesn’t fly!

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Conchobar wrote:

Arrggghhhh!!!!It took half-a-dozen goes to take down Chairman with just Mainstay left. No unlock? So I come double check. I was fighting in Rook City, not Pike!Turning the app off now so my phone doesn’t fly!

Kudos on beating Chairman with Mainstay left in Rook CIty though! That's a tough battle.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Conchobar

UXM266 wrote:

Conchobar wrote:
Arrggghhhh!!!!It took half-a-dozen goes to take down Chairman with just Mainstay left. No unlock? So I come double check. I was fighting in Rook City, not Pike!Turning the app off now so my phone doesn’t fly!

Kudos on beating Chairman with Mainstay left in Rook CIty though! That's a tough battle.

Thanks. I almost had him this morning as well (right place this time) has him down to 2hp, then watched as for three turns Mainstay proceeded to draw cards that can only be used by other Sentinels. Then there was a prison break....

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

You could try the team i used earlier in the post between TLT to make sure you have mainstay cards and Parse piling up dmg up until its easy to wreck chairman (+ 20 or so in my game). Parse can also trash pesky prison breaks. Haka also brings a lot of good utility.

Gus_Smedstad

sped13 wrote:

Just got the unlock using Sentinels, Legacy, the Scholar, PW Argent Adept and Omnitron-X in that order. It made the fight pretty easy with Scholar and Dr. Medico dealing massive damage to the Chairman.

I just tried this setup and won by accident. With most everyone still up, so I didn’t get the unlock. Unfortunately, there’s no rewind when you’re in the middle of winning, so I have to start over from scratch.

There are a few cards in this setup that unconditionally target villains. In my case, I had Gelatinous Form up, and when I tried to knock Writhe down I ended up killing the Chairman instead. I didn’t think to take it out with the Argent Adept first.

Legacy makes the Chairman relatively easy. Once he has Next Evolution and Lead from the Front up, it’s unlikely you’ll take much damage because he’s immune to melee (or toxins if the toxic vat is in play). The Argent Adept can give him another play, making him to immune to Projectiles as well, which neuteres The Contract.

Gus_Smedstad

Got it on my second try with Sped13’s setup. Pike Industrial Park was very helpful - I had Heroic Interception out when a chemical explosion did 6 points to everything, wiping all the minions and most of the underbosses. Most Chairman games are about surviving until he exhausts his deck, and then doing enough AoE to leave the Chairman and Operative by themselves. Legacy and the Scholar are both good at deflecting the damage while you wait, and the Sentinels are good at doing a lot of damage to all targets. Argent Adept can generally lend plays to either defense or offense.

It’s not hard to reserve a damage-dealing card or two for Mainstay that isn’t character specific. The Chairman’s immune to environment damage, so there’s little danger in taking him down to 1 HP before the rest of the team knocks themselves out. The main danger is the environment might do serious hurt to Mainstay, so it’s important to take out vats and mutagens before they can result in explosions or rat armies.

cravintacobell

I played the last game via online mulitplayer with my brother last night. We both have the prerequisites done.  I did not control The Sentinels/Mainstay. We played and defeated Chairman at Pike Industries and thought we met the requirement of Mainstay being the only active hero. Neither of us got the unlock screen.  I looked in our multiplayer log and was surprised to see the last line. "You just unlocked the promo card: Action Hero Stuntman!"  My Stuntman variant remains locked. I am confused about why this wouldn't have triggered for at least one of us. Any help would be appreciated. 

https://pastebin.com/qLAghzXK

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Multiplayer certainly can throw a wrench into what happened.   I'd suggest sending your log to Handelabra for review https://www.handelabra.com/contact/

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

There's no need to send us anything. As the official website states: To unlock a variant hero in multiplayer, you must be controlling that hero.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

cravintacobell

Yes, but in this case the controlling player didn't get the unlock either. Same conditions, one player should have received it. 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

No one was playing as Stuntman in the final unlock so it can't be done in multiplayer. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Indeed, Stuntman wasn't in the game.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Pages