The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Achievement: Redirection Misdirection

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Achievement: Redirection Misdirection

Oh My God. That was difficult. If you've done that achievement (and Steam says only .88% of all owners of SotM have it) how did you do it?

TLTachyon, Grandpa Legacy, Wraith, Fixer, Sky Scrapper against Blade.

Flip him first, then get an elemental redistributer out.

Put a Cortex Hyperstimulator on him from Sky.

He deals himself one Lighting damage, redirects with Elemental Redistributer (1). 

Fixer is the target. Alternating Tiger Claw + Damage Boosts (Legacy, Pipe Wrench, Obsidian Fields) boosts it above 3 and redirects it to Tachyon (2)

Synaptic Disruption redirects it to the lowest hero HP target (3)

Smoke bombs tosses it to the highest (4)

Lead from the Front takes it from that target (as long as its not Legacy) (5)

and Thorathian Monoloith takes it again if Legacy is the higest (6)

Oh dear that was hard. I spent most of Blades flip side just trying to get enough setup to get it to work. I burned through three Thorathian Monoliths to get it to work too!

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

I can't remember exactly what I did (it was a while ago) but I'm pretty sure it involved smoke bombs, stealth bot, Lead from the front, synaptic interruption, and amulet of the elder gods.  I'm pretty sure the trick was fighting Ambuscade since he targets the lowest a lot and starting a chain of redirections that way.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Wait a sec, how is Mr. Fixer boosting the damage? It's not generated by him or a hero target, it's still generated by Baron Blade.

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

I got it with Iorn legacys Superhuman Redirection to amulet to stealth bot tosmoke bombs to lead from the front and Tachyons redirect thing.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

mwc146 wrote:

Wait a sec, how is Mr. Fixer boosting the damage? It's not generated by him or a hero target, it's still generated by Baron Blade.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, buit it was low enough to get redirected from Fixer with Tiger claw, then high enough to get redirected with Synaptic. Maybe its a bug, but I don't know for certain?

Lynkfox.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

lynkfox wrote:
Maybe its a bug, but I don't know for certain?

If Tiger Claw is redirecting stuff then it is!

But I can certainly see Pipe Wrench lowering the damage to 2 or less to allow redirection with Driving Mantis and then with no DR it being 3 or more and Synaptic Interruption being allowed to redirect it again.

Your memory might be faulty, your tactics are not.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ancient Matstickman Saying wrote:
Your memory might be faulty, your tactics are not.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Who is this Matstickman you are quoting?

And why did they steal my saying?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

jorgenp

I think when I did it, I used a combination of Legacy's Lead From the Front, Unity's Stealth Bot, Nightmist's Amulet of the Elder Gods, Tachyon's Synaptic Interruption and The Wraith's Smoke Bombs.

I think I set up Tachyon with the highest HP and then the order was something like:

• Villain attacks one of the heroes with an attack of 4 or more damage
  1. Legacy redirects to himself with Lead From the Front (IIRC, this had to be first due to not getting the prompt back again later)
  2. Stealth Bot redirects to itself
  3. Smoke Bombs redirect the damage to Tachyon
  4. Synaptic Interruption redirects to Nightmist
  5. Amulet of the Elder Gods redirects to a Villain Target.

I think my Villain was Ambuscade (as he doesn't destroy stuff) and I waited for one of his Traps shuffled into the deck to trigger it all.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Ye dern whippersnapper! Back in my day, we redirected damage seven times, uphill both ways, without any o' yer fancy Thow-ray-thee-un Monolithies! And we liked it!

(No, but that achievement is darned difficult, good job making it work with such a convoluted system!)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The latest version has an option you can turn off to help with getting the achievement if you're using multiple optional redirects.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

deddragon
deddragon's picture
Playtester

I did it slightly differently.

1. I used damage directed at Wraith, which Legacy jumped in Front of from whom
2. Stealthbot stole it briefly
3. which had the lowest HP so Smokebombs passed it to Tachion
4. who Redirected it to Visionary from whom
5. the Decoy grabbed it

Not too much setup involved, only one card per character and making sure Tachion had highest HP (and saying YES when asked if Stealthbot has the lowest HP.) With Greatest Legacy feeding TLT power usage that's in the bag and your card draws are cranked up for all heroes.

EDITED: Oops, posted my first idea which didn't work due to Lead from the Front not prompting when I needed it to. This one is real.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ah! I did have pipe wrench out with Tiger claw so that was probably it!

Lynkfox.

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

This gets easier over time (with more heroes and variants). For example, with Unity, Visionary, Wraith, Writhe, and XPW Haka...

1. Visionary is targeted, passes off to her Decoy Projection
  2. With DP as the lowest-HP target, Wraith's Smoke Bombs funnels the damage up to Haka
  3. Unity's Stealth Bot jumps in front of Haka
  4. Visionary's Wrest the Mind fakes out Stealth Bot and passes to Writhe instead
  5. but Haka used his XPW "Die Hard" ability to bodyguard Writhe
  6. but Writhe's Lies of the Shadows returns the damage to sender, where it belongs, as long as it wasn't the Dreamer.

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

I plan on getting this achievment last after Guise so I will keep this list in mind.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I did it super easily.

Tachyon, NightMist, Writhe, all you need. Get the Amulet and Lies of the Shadows in play, then have Tachyon play all 3 copies of Synaptic Interruption. Then aim a 3-damage hit at Tachyon, bounce it to Nightmist, back to Tachyon, back to Nightmist, back to Tachyon (with Lies), and finally to the villain.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

FearLord

I did this the other day with Tachyon, Wraith, Legacy, Unity and Mainstay. The advantage of this set up is the right Tachyon and Legacy variants let you draw all the cards you need quicker.

carnilius
Playtester

Is there any good way of doing this with just the core set?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes it was an achievement introduced in the release of just the base game.   Without looking it all up I recall doing it with a combination of Synaptic Interruption, Smoke Bombs, Lead From the Front, and Elemental Redistributor. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

gossamerica2

McBehrer wrote:
I did it super easily.
Tachyon, NightMist, Writhe, all you need. Get the Amulet and Lies of the Shadows in play, then have Tachyon play all 3 copies of Synaptic Interruption. Then aim a 3-damage hit at Tachyon, bounce it to Nightmist, back to Tachyon, back to Nightmist, back to Tachyon (with Lies), and finally to the villain.

Hmmm, Lies isn’t triggering that last time for me. Time for a different plan, I guess...

gossamerica2

It seems that some of these things (e.g. Lies of Shadows) only trigger the first time a particular hero is targeted.  Likewise, Elemental Redistributor only triggers the first time a specific instance of damage hits it.

So here's how I finally did it: Tachyon, Legacy, Wraith, Nightmist vs Baron Blade in Enclave of the Endlings (thought I might use Bloogoo or Immortus, but didn't need them).

• Baron Blade plays Slash & Burn, and targets Tachyon (highest HP) with fire.
  • Synaptic Interruption bounces it back to Blade (1st redirect)
  • Elemental Redistributor bounces it to Legacy (lowest HP; 2nd redirect)
  • Smoke Bomb bounces it back to Tachyon (3rd redirect)
  • Synaptic Interrpution bounces it to Nightmist (4th redirect)
  • Amulet bounces it back to Tachyon (5th redirect)
  • Synaptic Interrpution sends it back to Baron Blade where it belong (6th redirect)

Finally got the acheivement!  Now I just need to finish Challenge and Ultimate, and then I'll just have Infection.  Haven't played online with anybody yet...