The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A question about sleeves

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Darkbane The Sqiffy
Darkbane The Sqiffy's picture
A question about sleeves

Hi, played Sentinels for the first time recently and am hooked

Going to pick up my own copy soon but was wondering about sleeves to protect the cards

I live in the UK and don't have access to all the gaming materials people in the states have so if anyones got any suggestions I'd appreciate it :)

Cease your violent ways evildoer and hold still while I hit you with this truck

brytehfryguy

I just use clear magic sleeves. Let's me enjoy the nice artwork on the back as well as make it easier to identify a deck at a glance.

ChocolatChip

Same, clear sleeves is the way to go.

I've heard a lot of people say you don't need sleeves, but I found that my cards were significantly dropping in quality after a month of playing.  Maybe I played more in that month than most people do (it was at least once a day and usually 5-6 times a day).

For me cases are a must.  Keeping the cards safe is a bigger priority than keeping them in one box.

That being said, the cards are of great quality so a casual gamer could definitely get away with never sleeving their set, I'm sure.

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

The set we use most often is sleeved with clear sleeves, and we play so often some of the decks are due for replacement sleeves.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I've done a ton of games without sleeves and my decks are still looking good.  I would definitely go with the all clear Magic sleeves, they fit and don't ruin the look.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I knew early on that I loved this game so much that I was willing to pay top dollar (euro? pound?) to protect the cards. So I invested in high quality sleeves. The sleeves I used do not fit partiularly well. Using them means that the cards do not fit properly in the box, no matter how many cards you have.

So, if you are keen to sleeve, somewhere around here (linked from a stickied thread introducing people to the forums I think, is a thread that talks about the best sleeves, and I think they are from Mayday.

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/new-to-the-sentinels-forum-look-here-2894

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

XChylde
XChylde's picture

Mayday premiums all the way. Great fit, good price. 

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

XChylde wrote:

Mayday premiums all the way. Great fit, good price. 

Second.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector