The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A new Type of Challenge

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture
A new Type of Challenge

I was talking with my friend, and in the process of doing so, came up with an interesting challenge for you guys.

Team:

Visionary, Wraith, GI Bunker

Villian:

Ambuscade (Anyone will work)

Environment:

You're choice

Challenge:

The only damage your heros can deal to Ambuscade is through Psychic Maelstrom, Stun Bolts without micro targeting computers and Throat Jabs (his devices can be damaged any way you like). The rest has to be left up to the environment. If you want, you may start the game with Mass Levitation in the Visionary's hand

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Sorry for the double post, but I feel like I should show the screenshots when I did it. No point in making a challenge if i can't do it after all. The first one was the final field before the environments overran Ambuscad, the second was the killing blow.

For Wraith, I had all three stun bolts, a utility belt, two infared eyepieces, a mega computer, and some smoke bombs out.

Bunker had a Flak cannon (for the pesky devices), a maitenence unit, and turret mode out

Visionary had two mass levitations, a decoy projection, and a foresight out. With Twist the ether behind ambuscade.

Luckily the damage control started off well because I had two impromptu inventions and a utility belt in my starting hand, but I had to use foresight in order to rush out mass levitation. It started off really annoying as ambuscade kept getting out his cloaking device whenever I destroyed it, and he also had out a rocket launcher and an automated turret (the latter of which was trouble to damage control, since my focas was controlling ambuscade). Eventually, the cloaking stopped appearing, and i managed to kill him by using GI bunker's power to make the damage by environment irreducable (while keeping my heros safe with a -4 damage buff)

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto