The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A Bunch of Newbie Questions

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
drkrash1969
A Bunch of Newbie Questions

I'm one of the poor schelps who can't even get a copy of the game at the moment, but I've been reading stuff online and watching videos and I am totally hooked on this game already before I've played it.  Nice work at generating that kind of response! :)

Some things I'm wondering about:

1) Since I found a copy of one of the promo cards going for $75, I'm figuring if I ever want to use them, I'm going to have to just print them myself.  Has anyone done so in such a way as to get really good results? I'd love to hear.

2) I found images for them on boardgamegeek.  Are there any "official" images to facilitate printing? (Or, now that I'm thinking about it, is it a copyright violation of any kind to print them out for personal use?)

3) Even though I don't even own the game yet, I STILL went ahead and bought Unity, Ambuscade, and the oversized villain cards anyway.  When I get the game finally, do the oversized villain cards fit in the EE box?

4) I heard that >G did their last Kickstarter with Shattered Timelines (and Vengeance).  Does this mean that you are not planning on expanding anymore or just that you don't plan to use KS for new expansions?

I think that's everything for now.  Thanks for getting me excited! CAN'T WAIT for the game to be back in stock!

Fight! 2nd edition available now.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

1) Haven't done it myself so can't answer.

2) I believe Christopher put them on there (or at least someone from >G did) so that way if someone didn't manage to get them they could easily print them off for their own personal use.

3) Yeah they fit alright in there. Just have to lay them on top of the rest of the cards like the rulebook.

4) They plan on doing more expansions still. I believe they still have another 3 or 4 expansions planned after Vengeance. But the expansions will no longer be released every 6 months like they have been.

Also! Welcome to the forums and hope you can get the game soon because it is very exciting and tons of playtime can be spent with no two games feeling exactly alike.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

1 and 2) I've printed them off from BGG. If you resize them so they're the same size as the other cards (88mm height), you can paste them onto a bit of card to give functional replacements, which is what I did before I snagged them during the previous Kickstarter campaigns. The images were mostly put up by >G so I don't think it's copryright violation if you're printing them off for personal use. The backs of the Fanatic and Ra promos were scanned and posted by fans, so they might be more problematic but you should be ok if it's purely a copy for yourself, but IANAL.

3) Sort of, but not really. The oversized cards are too big to fit vertically in the box, but you can lay them flat to fit them in. I'd recommend storing them in a padded mailing envelope separately (they're 4 inches by 6 inches for measuring info). If you don't sleeve the normal cards, they should fit fine, if you sleeve them, you'll need an additional stoarge solution.

4) It's the last Kickstarter, but definitely not the last expansion for SotM. >G have said they've got lots of ideas left, they just think they now have the market and fanbase to go direct and not have to pay the Kickstarter fees.

Hope you enjoy saving the multiverse when it's back in stock.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

LCinn
LCinn's picture

In the end, the actual shape/quality/whatever of the Hero Character card matters very little, because it doesn't have to fit in with the other cards at all. You could even just put a note on top of the normal character card with the alternative power and hitpoints. Still, it's nice to have something that looks nice. Spiff has a bunch of neat stuff on his website that you might also be interested in. For example, oversized hero character cards with inbuilt hp tracker, including the promo heroes, which is a great alternative to getting the actual promo cards. Especialy if getting the actual promo cards means paying $75 :P

The rules and clarifications are great too, I know that I studied them meticulously before I even had the actual game :D

http://www.spiffworld.com/sotm/

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Regarding 1), 2)) I am wondering if its possible for >G to upload higher resolutions of Reedemer Fanatic and Horus Ra. As currently the quality of the back and front are different.

FYI  since you bought the Oversized Villan they also come with Promo Baron Blade and Promo Omnitron. So just less printing there.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

As others have mentioned, the quality of the hero cards doesn't really matter too much.  However, this method produces fairly nice cards:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490643/making-cards-youll-never-use-your-old-method-again

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

drkrash1969 wrote:

4) I heard that >G did their last Kickstarter with Shattered Timelines (and Vengeance).  Does this mean that you are not planning on expanding anymore or just that you don't plan to use KS for new expansions?I think that's everything for now.  

>G have announced that they will not do more Kickstarters for Sentinels of the Multiverse, but that they will use Kickstarter for other new games.

I'm not sure if >G have announced how many more expansions are planned for Sentinels of the Multiverse after Vengeance, but it is more than zero.

drkrash1969 wrote:
Thanks for getting me excited! CAN'T WAIT for the game to be back in stock!
  I know of at least one store in Indianapolis (Arsenal Game Room & Cafe) that has copies of EE (1), Rook City (1), and Infernal Relics (2), as of Tuesday of this week. My guess is that there are plenty of local game stores that have copies. Though >G may be sold out in their warehouse, it is because they have shipped many games to distributors and those distributors have shipped games to retailers.   I am fairly certain that anyone who wants to have a copy of EE, Rook City, or Infernal Relics enough could find a retailer willing to ship it to them, perhaps with the help of another forumite (well, hi there!) who would be willing to walk in to the store, purchase what is wanted, and mail it to you. I do not promise, however, that it would be cheap or fast.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

I find I don't like the way the oversized villains fit into the EE box. I've taken to putting them in the IR box, along with the tokens and rulebooks. The upside of this is it allowed me to put the HP tokens into a plano box and everything can be neatly organized without cramming things in. The downside is it's an extra thing to carry and take up space on your shelf, but it's small enough it hasn't been a problem so far.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

drkrash1969

Thanks for the fast and friendly responses, everyone! Can't wait to play! (My wife tells me that she has the situation handled, so I guess I just have to wait until Christmas...)

Fight! 2nd edition available now.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I gave away my Young Legacy to a friend and printed off a copy for myself and another friend. The ones I printed have better coloring than the original too, possibly because the upload of her is better quality, plus I made them about same thickness as the rest of the cards. Didn't really care too much about having the original copy, not that hardcore of a collector, just like to have all the components, plus that copy felt weird being the thinner cardstock. Character cards don't go into the deck so it doesn't matter if they are the real ones or not, just that they look good.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

youperguy

None of the online realtors have EE, and all of the game stores that I have checked in Richmond, Va and Tidewater, VA do not have the game. EE is pretty difficult to find right now.

edit: none of the online retailers in the US. There are some in Europe or Singapore that have it.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I once had an extra copy of Young Legacy that I gave away for free. Now all my friends tell me I shoud have kept it and sold it. Opportunity missed...

You're free to do whatever you want to.