The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

5th anniversary box

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
pyrowolfs
5th anniversary box

I just got my 5th anniversary holo box in the mail and had some questions.

What are these redeemed villian cards? At least that's what I assume they are, most (all?) look like a villian but are heroes, they all also share the same hero symbol so how does that work?

On Super Sentai Idealist her power targets a concept? as far as I know i've never seen that keyword untill this card. in the same vain one of the wraith cards mentions taking "shadow cloak" from the deck or trash, which I don't remember that card. apologies if that is just a normal card in the sentinels deck.

Lastly to anyone else who picked this up: How was the overall quality? For the most part mine was great up untill the end. The last 11 cards had some problems, 10 of them had minor defects (this line on the top of the card that was a raised bump) then the very last card in the pack Completionist Guise had a bit worse defects had the line on top as well as some bending/squiggly pattern on the right side.

Overall really great, love seeing all the holo cards and all the varients I didn't have. Sentinels has been my favorite game to play with friends for the last 5 years and I'm sad it's only got the one expansion left.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Those are the character cards fr the heroes that will be released with OblivAeon.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Like Pydro said, many of the heroes towards the back have not been released yet.

I didn't notice any quality problems on my copy. Contact GtG about it--I hope they've dug out under their Gen Con pile of e-mail by now.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Several people have reported marks on their Completionist Guises.

As for the heroes you didn't recognise, there are 11 new heroes arriving with OblivAeon.  The 5 heroes in the set (Luminary, The Harpy, Akash'Thriya, La Capitan, and Lifeline) as long as the two mini expansion heroes (Stuntman and Benchmark) are all villains who have joined the heroes to fight OblivAeon, while the remaining 4 are The Void Guard - the Southwest Sentinels got an upgrade and now each have their own deck.

Several of the new heroes reference keywords that we have not seen yet.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Although Benchmark works for a company that may or not may be run by a villain, Benchmark is not a villain, he is in fact the new standard against which heroes are measured!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

pyrowolfs

Thanks for the responses, I was kinda guessing they might be a part of OblvAeon but I noticed they all had the same Nemesis Icon so I was a bit confused.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That nemesis icon looks like OblivAeon's chest piece to me, which explains why it appears on all the villains turned hero. They've joined forces to fight him off.

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Several people have reported marks on their Completionist Guises. 

I still think maybe Christopher is trolling everyone with this one! :-)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The only issue I noticed was with normal Guise on his incap powers a bit of text was smudged but nothing major.   My only other complaint is that the variant Supply And Demand Benchmark the text of his name is hard to read due to the background color.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Yeah, SAD (lol) Benchmark definitely has that issue.